240Hz screen with gtx 1070

Eroith
5 minutes ago, Overl0rd said:

So a few things to help make up your mind.

Very few games will even allow you to get the full 240Hz experience because; 1). Unless you play all your games on minimum settings your 1070 is not going to reach anywhere near 240 fps. 2). Most games, like Battlefield for example, have a 200 fps frame cap, so only really in games such as Counter Strike is 240fps achievable.

144Hz is by far good enough to get the whole "high refreshrate experience". Pair that with G-Sync which will completely eliminate tearing and you're bound to have a very good time.

So personally I'd opt for a 144Hz with G-sync panel.

alright thanks :)

ok so guys thanks for all your help but im going to wait a week, if the store doesnt bring back the 144Hz gsync monitor then im just going with the 240Hz one.

I've waited a few months for  a better monitor and now that i have enough money its getting quite frustrating to wait more and more for a monitor that may not be brought back for a while.

4 hours ago, Eroith said:

240Hz screen with strix gtx 1070 + i7-7700K pros and cons?
I really want a 240Hz as its smooth as hell even if you dont get constant 240 FPS 

but before i pay that much I'd like to know the pros and cons of gettings a 240Hz screen with this GPU and CPU

- It costs alot (for the monitor and the hardware to support it)
- You spend a lot on a refresh rate that you won't always (in fact, rarely) hit

- Higher resolutions aren't an option

I'd get 144hz @ 1440p instead.  Your eyes probably won't see the difference in the refresh rate, but will see the increased resolution.

Edit: Just noticed this point was made already, my bad.

3 hours ago, Biggerboot said:

- It costs alot (for the monitor and the hardware to support it)
- You spend a lot on a refresh rate that you won't always (in fact, rarely) hit

- Higher resolutions aren't an option

I'd get 144hz @ 1440p instead.  Your eyes probably won't see the difference in the refresh rate, but will see the increased resolution.

Edit: Just noticed this point was made already, my bad.

its fine but the 144Hz @ 2k monitors that are in the store cost more than the 240Hz monitor i want, legit, cheapest one costs 70 dollars more. so ill pass on that 

and ill wait for the store to bring back a monitor that has 144Hz with g-sync for a week, if they dont bring it ill call em and see if theyll bring it soon, if they say i have to wait a month or more then ill just get the 240Hz monitor.