What is the difference between Modi 2 and Modi 2 Uber?

Is it worth buying Modi 2 uber? 

And why people buy Modi 2 and Magni 3 together. Why not only one? 

Modi is a DAC (Digital  Analog Converter) Converts Analog (jack audio) to Digital (Usb) 

Magni is an Amp (Some expensive headphones need more power to drive the sound signal)

This is both together :

https://mayflowerelectronics.com/o2-odac-overview/ AMP+DAC

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

16 minutes ago, Peskanova said:

Modi is a DAC (Digital  Analog Converter) Converts Analog (jack audio) to Digital (Usb) 

Magni is an Amp (Some expensive headphones need more power to drive the sound signal)

This is both tohether :

https://mayflowerelectronics.com/o2-odac-overview/ AMP+DAC

So i need to buy Modi 2 uber and Magni 3? 

Yes if you want to put it on a PC (its nosense to pick an AMP and put through PC jack connector , for best quality with 0 interference pick a DAC) 

Im from spain and schiit.eu has not magni or modi on stock so I will buy o2 dac+amp that is around 50 more than magni + modi. 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

8 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

You only buy the Modi 2 Uber if you want optical, otherwise the Modi 2 standard is fine.

So i don't need Magni 3 if i get Modi 2 Uber? What optical do? 

2 hours ago, Sabir said:

So i don't need Magni 3 if i get Modi 2 Uber? What optical do? 

No you need the Magni 3. The Modi 2 is a DAC, the Magni 2 is an Amp. Optical takes the place of USB if your PC supports it.

2 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

No you need the Magni 3. The Modi 2 is a DAC, the Magni 2 is an Amp. Optical takes the place of USB if your PC supports it.

If there is no optical support then i am totally wasting money on this? Does it have usb options? So i can just plag that usb in my pc or laptop usb port and keep listening music etc.

Edited by Sabir

31 minutes ago, Sabir said:

If there is no optical support then i am totally wasting money on this? Does it have usb options? So i can just plag that usb in my pc or laptop usb port and keep listening music etc.

Yes both have USB. Just get the standard Modi 2 and Magni 3.

10 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I heard Modi 2 uber sound better than Modi 2. 

1 hour ago, Sabir said:

You might want to consider the Topping D30 instead of the Schiit Modi 2 Uber. They were compared in this review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-measurement-and-comparison-of-schiit-modi-2-uber-and-topping-d30.3207/

1 hour ago, an actual squirrel said:

You might want to consider the Topping D30 instead of the Schiit Modi 2 Uber. They were compared in this review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-measurement-and-comparison-of-schiit-modi-2-uber-and-topping-d30.3207/

D30 isn’t very good. Modi 2 is better.

4 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

D30 isn’t very good. Modi 2 is better.

I don't know about you, but for a little bit less than the Uber and a little bit more than the non-Uber, the D30 seems like a better performer based on that link.

On 2018-05-24 at 9:33 PM, Max_Settings said:

You only buy the Modi 2 Uber if you want optical, otherwise the Modi 2 standard is fine.

My vote, get the extra ports for future use. If money’s tight, Modi2’s a good fit. I went overboard and got the fancy multibit version... it’s a nice frill.

On 2018-05-25 at 11:35 AM, Max_Settings said:

Schiit has a helpful guide. No pressure sales, it seems.

On 2018-05-25 at 11:46 AM, Sabir said:

I’d respectfully disagree. The Uber has more input ports; however, if money’s tight the regular Modi will do you fine.

As much as I’d like you to get on the Schiit Audio bandwagon, @SSL posted an excellent guide (that’s a sticky thread in this forum). It saved me a lot of money.

On 2018-05-24 at 6:52 AM, Sabir said:

Is it worth buying Modi 2 uber? 

And why people buy Modi 2 and Magni 3 together. Why not only one? 

All-in-one versus modular. Electromagnetic interference was supposedly less in separate boxes. Somehow, Schiit Audio were able to figure out work-arounds.

Me? I like a bunch of little brushed aluminum boxes :ph34r: