too many options with monitors need some help

narrdarr

So i thinking about buy a 1080 ftw as prices are dropping and i think i can get 1 on the cheap. but having trouble picking a monitor to take advantage of its power.

budget $350 preferably 300$

current rig

15 6500

16 gb ddr4 ram

650w thermal-take smart

mostly only playing pubg right now. maybe a bit too much lol.

1 minute ago, narrdarr said:

So i thinking about buy a 1080 ftw as prices are dropping and i think i can get 1 on the cheap. but having trouble picking a monitor to take advantage of its power.

budget $350 preferably 300$

current rig

15 6500

16 gb ddr4 ram

650w thermal-take smart

mostly only playing pubg right now. maybe a bit too much lol.

Do you care about IPS, Do you care about over 60HZ, do you care about screen size?

3 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2zWrxr/samsung-lc27fg70fqnxza-270-1920x1080-144hz-monitor-lc27fg70fqnxza

this instantly comes to mind and its curved which is pretty rare at the price point

thats a good choice, sometimes here in germany/europe you get dell monitors, 1080p with G-Sync for this price, but dont go over 1080p if you want 144hz, believe me, i had two 1080FTW  ;)

i7-6850K, ASRock X99 Taichi, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000Mhz CL15, 2x EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 SLI, some SSD's/HDD's, EVGA G2 1300W PSU,

quite a few Coldzero Parts ... all inside an Corsair Obsidian 900D - detailled information on my Profil

1 minute ago, narrdarr said:

27" is out of stock on newegg and amazon

it says 6 left on amazon and you can get it direct from samsung. 

7 minutes ago, Ledury said:

thats a good choice, sometimes here in germany/europe you get dell monitors, 1080p with G-Sync for this price, but dont go over 1080p if you want 144hz, believe me, i had two 1080FTW  ;)

I mean i run a 1440p g sync ips 165hz monitor and a 1080p 144hz monitor all on a 980 :)

interesting that amazon says that. i dont even see at Samsung.... 

as im typing, i was thinking how is this monitor with blue light...... my current monitor taxes my eyes after a bit...

3 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

I mean i run a 1440p g sync ips 165hz monitor and a 1080p 144hz monitor all on a 980 :)

i was referring to (almost) max. settings :)

2 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

as im typing, i was thinking how is this monitor with blue light...... my current monitor taxes my eyes after a bit...

some monitors have blue light filters, idk if samsung has that, perhaps @Dreaper knows that

i7-6850K, ASRock X99 Taichi, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000Mhz CL15, 2x EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 SLI, some SSD's/HDD's, EVGA G2 1300W PSU,

quite a few Coldzero Parts ... all inside an Corsair Obsidian 900D - detailled information on my Profil

1 minute ago, Ledury said:

i was referring to (almost) max. settings :)

some monitors have blue light filters, idk if samsung has that, perhaps @Dreaper knows that

3 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

All newer monitors tend to have a ui that will have a eyerest mode for night time use. If it does not as i have not personally used it you could always color calibrate it to a blue tone that should help. Worst case you just get sunglasses that have the special tint. 

since i on the samsung page. how good is Qdot? is it worth it? it a bit over budget but..... was looking @ the CFG73

7 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

since i on the samsung page. how good is Qdot? is it worth it? it a bit over budget but..... was looking @ the CFG73

i would refer to the Tech quickie video as im not a expert to my knowledge its just better colors 

No you dont need to if you cant afford it or it makes you sacrifice other things. You can turn motion blur off. 

well i have a spare kit of 4x4 16gb ddr4 ram and i can sell my current monitor for a couple bucks to cover the difference. so what other option would you have in mind.

bump:
still could use some other recommendations