8k$ 3GPU Ryzen System + Case Mods

Overview Video - https://youtu.be/MEMdz2ulhlI

It's a Ryzen 1950x on a Zenith Extreme x399 with two EVGA 1080ti Ftw3 liquidcooled hybrid cards and a third EVGA 1080ti FTW3 with 128 GB Ram in the system and 14+ TB of storage, full parts list here

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/CrtgXL

I built this PC for algorithmic 3D modeling, rendering, VR development, and machine learning. I started gathering parts in January '18 and at the time these were the best parts available for what I wanted. I plan on picking up one of the PG27UQ monitors or other 4k 144hz monitors about to hit the market.

Case Mods

I knew I wanted handles to pick the case up from and wheels so I could move it around easily, I used these Caster wheels and Powder Coated Aluminum Handles from McMaster Carr.

I wired up illuminated toggle switches to control the second set of fans on the liquid cooled 1080ti's radiators and the two side intake fans and an industrial metal starter button for no good reason.

There's a faux carbon fiber tailpipe connected to the bottom of the PC via some kind of metal hose for a gas oven I think, and some real carbon fiber panels against the PSU and HD bays.

PC1_web.jpg

PC2_web.jpg

PC4_web.jpg

PC5_web.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 2.09.41 PM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 2.09.22 PM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 2.08.45 PM copy.jpg

Epic. I wish I had that much rendering power. :P

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

You should totally hook up a small 80mm or something fan to that exhaust, give it the realistic touch, ya know xD 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

very nice. though because you seem to be moving it around get yourself some nice magnetic dust protectors especially for the front. It will even make it look better imho. they should also be used on back to help seal in the light so it glows better.

PSU Tier Ranking List

Ryzen 5 1600x|ASROCK                      |16GB DDR4 3400Mhz Corsair Vengence   | (partial build in progress)

FX-8350 AM3+| ASUS M5A990FX V1 | 32GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 850 PRO | Win 7 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 750 ti 6GB | Corsair H100i v1

FX-8120 AM3+| ASUS M5A990FX V2 | 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 850 PRO | Win 7 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 750 ti 6GB | Corsair H80i v1 

I5-2500K LGA  | ACER MOBO??         | 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 860 PRO | Win 10 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 970 SC 4GB | Corsair H80i v1

What in the name of all that is holy....

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

6 hours ago, RKRiley said:

You should totally hook up a small 80mm or something fan to that exhaust, give it the realistic touch, ya know xD 

I thought about that but by the time I got it all together I just wanted to use it for computing stuff

5 hours ago, emosun said:

that was 8,000 us dollars or ?......

Yeah probably 8500 after shipping and weird extra stuff I forgot to include the parts list which is up now

At that price range i'm surprised you went ryzen instead of server components especially with rendering.

While the 1950x is a neat cpu , an older quad socket 2011 server will outrun it quite easily especially when your tasks have no limit on core count.

31 minutes ago, emosun said:

At that price range i'm surprised you went ryzen instead of server components especially with rendering.

While the 1950x is a neat cpu , an older quad socket 2011 server will outrun it quite easily especially when your tasks have no limit on core count.

It's not rendering 24/7 but it's already its so much compute power there's only a handful of situations that push the CPU or GPU's beyond 20% it's pretty frustrating most of the time.

I thought about server components but from what I looked into it seemed like there could be compatibility issues and it sounded like too much maintenance for me. If you had 1200$ to budget towards a quad or dual motherboard + CPU's what would you have picked to outperform a 1950x and Zenith ?

I appreciate the VRAM cooling and bells+whistles on the Zenith motherboard and that it will be compatible with future Ryzen releases, and the fact that the 1950x has a ton of cores for 1k$ cheaper than the intel version

2 minutes ago, sterlingcrispin said:

If you had 1200$ to budget towards a quad or dual motherboard + CPU's what would you have picked to outperform a 1950x and Zenith ?

the e5-4650 x4 along with a used supermicro board. when i check on ebay it just fits under 1200

I'm honestly just a lot more used to building servers now than consumer machines so i always like going for server parts instead and making crazy cpu numbers. I don't know if it'll really help with your other uses though like developing . I mostly cpu render animations so I like as much cpu as possible.