4k or 5k Monitor buying help

Shikarikato

Someone out there probably knows wealths more than I do, but I've been currently eyeing the Dell P2715Q and the  LG 27UD88-W.

Little background information:

I edit photos so 99% sRGB rating is pretty important. 

I also edit video, but thats more for fun so a nice DCI-P3 rating is welcomed, but far from necessary.

It's not 100% necessary, but I'd prefer it to use USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 for connectivity, which is why I'm not 100% set on the p2715Q.

Don't necessarily have a budget, but who doesn't like to save money right? $1500 would probably be an upper limit before things get absurd

I currently use a U2415 if that matters. Both of the monitors I mentioned are 27", but I'm open to larger sizes as well. 27" would be a minimum size though.

Thanks a lot in advance! I really appreciate anyone taking the time out of their day to help.

Are you sure you need DCI-P3? I work in professional Post-Production for videos and we rarely use DCI-P3 Displays. You don't need them if your delivery isn't going to be in that color space.

57 minutes ago, FStopDesigns said:

Are you sure you need DCI-P3? I work in professional Post-Production for videos and we rarely use DCI-P3 Displays. You don't need them if your delivery isn't going to be in that color space.

Right now I don’t need it, but if I find myself doing work that requires it I wouldn’t mind being over equipped until then.

NEC used to be popular for photo and video pro work.

https://www.necdisplay.com/p/displays/ea275uhd-bk-sv

Living Room: HTPC (M1 Mac Mini 8/256) HiFi (Furman Elite-15 PFi > Cambridge 851N > Emotiva A300 > Focal Chora 826) Display (65-inch LG Oled, 22-inch Dell)

Office: Workstation (AMD 3900X, RX5700XT, 32GB) Headphones (Cambridge DacMagic+ > Schiit Lyr 3 > DT 990. 2 Sonos One in Stereo) Display (32-inch Gigabyte)

9 hours ago, Shikarikato said:

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?