PS4 Slim vs. PS4 Pro

79wjd
6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

The reason it might run some things worse is because it's assuming that you'll be on a 4K TV with the Pro, and a 1080p TV on the Slim. Therefore it'll render detail at higher settings on the Pro, which will increase the graphical fidelity, but at times, might reduce the framerate.

There is a setting to change that, but I think games still override it sometimes. The better games have a "graphics/performance" slider/switch/options

#Muricaparrotgang

41 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

There is a setting to change that, but I think games still override it sometimes. The better games have a "graphics/performance" slider/switch/options

Yep, the games have to be optimized for that. Most of the bigger/more popular ones no doubt are, but not all of them.

Personally I'd put the slider on "performance", since I'm still rocking a 1080p Plasma TV. Not gonna buy a 4K TV until prices for OLED or QLED come down enough to justify replacing a perfectly working, glorious Plasma.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

17 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Yep, the games have to be optimized for that. Most of the bigger/more popular ones no doubt are, but not all of them.

Personally I'd put the slider on "performance", since I'm still rocking a 1080p Plasma TV. Not gonna buy a 4K TV until prices for OLED or QLED come down enough to justify replacing a perfectly working, glorious Plasma.

Lol, like OLED prices are going to suddenly become reasonable in the next 10 years. I think they'll transition over to 8k before they become affordable.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 minute ago, JZStudios said:

Lol, like OLED prices are going to suddenly become reasonable in the next 10 years. I think they'll transition over to 8k before they become affordable.

Possibly. But QLED tech is evolving to a point where LED can get, albeit not as good, but much closer to OLED tech then ever before.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

They absolutely will (unless something completely replaces the tech first). The bigger problem is OLED on something that lasts as long as a TV is terrible with the current state of OLED tech.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

They absolutely will (unless something completely replaces the tech first). The bigger problem is OLED on something that lasts as long as a TV is terrible with the current state of OLED tech.

Agreed

See the Retro Gaming Channels about the OLED PSP (or was it the VITA?)...

They aren't happy with it and they seem to rot away...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Agreed

See the Retro Gaming Channels about the OLED PSP (or was it the VITA?)...

They aren't happy with it and they seem to rot away...

Pretty sure that was the Vita. It was a big selling point at the time, along with every other advantage it had over the DS.

#Muricaparrotgang