When should expect the gtx 1180 to or 2000 series cards to come out

yugi8264

So far I have been hearing rumors of it coming out in like June or July but really with no competition or almost no competition. How likely is the 1180ti going to come out.

One sec

Image result for crystal ball

Nope, still not a clue.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

One sec

Image result for crystal ball

Nope, still not a clue.

Why are there so many fake rumors. Can you look at your crystal ball and give us more info as to whether amd will realease a card that will force nvidia to move rather than standing still.

1 minute ago, yugi8264 said:

Why are there so many fake rumors. Can you look at your crystal ball and give us more info as to whether amd will realease a card that will force nvidia to move rather than standing still.

The rumors are as good of a guess as anyone else's. I mean it fits one of the time Windows they have released new cards in the past. Also the rumor that it would release just before holiday season males sense as well from an economic perspective. 

Rumours are July with +51% improvement on 1080, albeit rumour and much in line with Maxwell > Pascal 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

My guess is Nvidia will follow the trend of the last 2 generations.

1180 20-25% faster than 1170

1080Ti = 1170

1080 = 1160

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

7 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

The rumors are as good of a guess as anyone else's. I mean it fits one of the time Windows they have released new cards in the past. Also the rumor that it would release just before holiday season males sense as well from an economic perspective. 

I am only assuming that the 1080 is being announced soon only because they were getting rid of their old stock it seems

8 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Rumours are July with +51% improvement on 1080, albeit rumour and much in line with Maxwell > Pascal 

When do you estimate to will come out after the 1180.

1 minute ago, yugi8264 said:

I am only assuming that the 1080 is being announced soon only because they were getting rid of their old stock it seems

A drop in prices back down towards MSRP doesn't mean they are getting rid of stock. For all we know, it just means that a new batch of pascal cards + chipsets were produced and/or demand for them dropped from the general public. As of now rumors are June-July for an 1170+80 release. But my guess as when the cards will come out is as good as your and pretty much everyone else's out there. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

2 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

My guess is Nvidia will follow the trend of the last 2 generations.

1180 20-25% faster than 1170

1080Ti = 1170

1080 = 1160

Honestly I wouldn't. Kepler to Maxwell was big leap for the architecture and Maxwell to Pascal was a big node change. I would expect something more along the lines of 600 series to 700 series. If they do better than that's great but I just don't see how a small architecture change and a small node change would produce those types of results. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

Honestly I wouldn't. Kepler to Maxwell was big leap for the architecture and Maxwell to Pascal was a big node change. I would expect something more along the lines of 600 series to 700 series. If they do better than that's great but I just don't see how a small architecture change and a small node change would produce those types of results. 

Titan V already gave us a glimpse of what Volta/Ampere/Turing or whatever you wanna call it will offer. Saying that the 1180 will be between 20-25% faster than a 1080Ti isn't entirely farfetched, considering Titan V is already at that performance level and "isn't meant for gaming".

https://hothardware.com/reviews/nvidia-titan-v-volta-gv100-gpu-review?page=3

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

Titan V already gave us a glimpse of what Volta/Ampere/Turing or whatever you wanna call it will offer. Saying that the 1180 will be between 20-25% faster than a 1080Ti isn't entirely farfetched, considering Titan V is already at that performance level and "isn't meant for gaming".

https://hothardware.com/reviews/nvidia-titan-v-volta-gv100-gpu-review?page=3

The titan v is also 3k vs it's normal 1200 so I would say the comparison is kinda ridiculous. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

The titan v is also 3k vs it's normal 1200 so I would say the comparison is kinda ridiculous. 

The reason why it's $3,000 is because of its tensor cores, which is for deep learning, not gaming. Also, marketing has something to do with it as well. Even if it didn't have tensor cores, the Titan V would still be ridiculously overpriced simply because it has the "Titan" branding.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

1 minute ago, Frankenburger said:

The reason why it's $3,000 is because of its tensor cores, which is for deep learning, not gaming. Also, marketing has something to do with it as well. Even if it didn't have tensor cores, the Titan V would still be ridiculously overpriced simply because it has the "Titan" branding.

The titan x Pascal was well over 30% faster than the 980ti so again it's still ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

Are titans the apple of cellphones

The titan x Pascal was well over 30% faster than the 980ti so again it's still ridiculous. 

And the Titan X Maxwell was over 30% faster than a 780Ti.

I don't see your point.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

3 minutes ago, yugi8264 said:

Are titans the apple of cellphones

Up until the Titan V, yes, you paid for the name. Historically, Titans offered little performance over the top tier 80 class card of their generation. Titan V is different because it's actually used for deep learning, whereas past Titan cards offered little more than a 1080Ti, 980Ti, or 780Ti.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

Up until the Titan V, yes, you paid for the name. Historically, Titans offered little performance over the top tier 80 class card of their generation. Titan V is different because it's actually used for deep learning, whereas past Titan cards offered little more than a 1080Ti, 980Ti, or 780Ti.

My point being that the titan v isn't well over 30% faster than the 1080ti. By that logic it wouldn't follow the same trend that the previous Maxwell and Pascal architecture changes did. The titan x Pascal curb stopped the 980ti in gaming performance sometimes even getting as high as 50% performance difference. The titan v is getting a measly 25ish%. If we are going to base it off that then the next gen of gpus will be underwhelming. 

My point being that the titan v isn't well over 30% faster than the 1080ti.

I said this before, and I'll reiterate. Titan V is not a gaming card. The removal of the GTX moniker and the addition of deep learning Tensor cores make this perfectly clear. Also, the GV100 processor is clearly put on a Quadro-like PCB, not a GTX-like PCB. It has NVLink fingers rather than SLI fingers, which is a Quadro trait.

It really wouldn't be hard for Nvidia to make up the missing 5% if they wanted. All they would need to do is up the core clock and maybe throw in a few more Cuda cores.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

I said this before, and I'll reiterate. Titan V is not a gaming card. The removal of the GTX moniker and the addition of deep learning Tensor cores make this perfectly clear. Also, the GV100 processor is clearly put on a Quadro-like PCB, not a GTX-like PCB. It has NVLink fingers rather than SLI fingers, which is a Quadro trait.

It really wouldn't be hard for Nvidia to make up the missing 5% if they wanted. All they would need to do is up the core clock and maybe throw in a few more Cuda cores.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-titan-x-12gb,4700-4.html look at the benchmarks. It's going to take alot more than 5% to make up the difference. The gap between the titan x Pascal and the 980ti was about 50%. The titan v was 25% faster in the best scenario. I don't think you realize just how big if a jump Pascal was. To think that you'll get that every time is ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

My point being that the titan v isn't well over 30% faster than the 1080ti. By that logic it wouldn't follow the same trend that the previous Maxwell and Pascal architecture changes did. The titan x Pascal curb stopped the 980ti in gaming performance sometimes even getting as high as 50% performance difference. The titan v is getting a measly 25ish%. If we are going to base it off that then the next gen of gpus will be underwhelming. 

Lets just all agree that after a while there is going to be diminishing returns in terms of performance because after a while they are going to hit that limit.

3 minutes ago, yugi8264 said:

Lets just all agree that after a while there is going to be diminishing returns in terms of performance because after a while they are going to hit that limit.

It's not about them hitting the limits of what they can improve. It's about the fact that the past data shows that the trends in this generation change is much different than the last 2 and it would be dumb to assume that we will see the same performance increase as last time. I mean is it possible? Yes anything is possible but I don't think it's likely. The changes they made with this generation was small in comparison to the last two so we shouldn't expect a huge change in performance like the last 2.  

16 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

To think that you'll get that every time is ridiculous.

I never said it'll happen every time. I just said the GTX 1100 series may possible follow the trend of the last 2 generations.

GTX 780Ti = GTX 970

GTX 980 is about 15% faster than the GTX 970

GTX 980Ti = GTX 1070

GTX 1080 is about 20% faster than the GTX 1070

That is the trend. If the trend continues, then the GTX 1100 series will look like this

GTX 1080Ti  = GTX 1170

GTX 1180 will be 20% faster than the GTX 1170

The theory is supplemented by the fact the Titan V is already 20% faster than a GTX 1080Ti, as I linked earlier.

I get the feeling you're looking for some sort of hidden meaning behind my post, or simply don't understand what I'm saying.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

I never said it'll happen every time. I just said the GTX 1100 series may possible follow the trend of the last 2 generations.

GTX 780Ti = GTX 970

GTX 980 is about 15% faster than the GTX 970

GTX 980Ti = GTX 1070

GTX 1080 is about 20% faster than the GTX 1070

That is the trend. If the trend continues, then the GTX 1100 series will look like this

GTX 1080Ti  = GTX 1170

GTX 1180 will be 20% faster than the GTX 1170

The theory is supplemented by the fact the Titan V is already 20% faster than a GTX 1080Ti, as I linked earlier.

I get the feeling you're looking for some sort of hidden meaning behind my post, or simply don't understand what I'm saying.

The titan x Pascal was 50% faster than the 980ti. The titan v is 20% faster than the 1080ti. How do you not see the difference here? 50% is a lot bigger than 20%. How can you say it's supplemented by the titan v's performance? It's way lower than what it should be if the same thing is supposed to be happening again. If you showed me the titan v having a consistent 40ish percent increase over the 1080ti the I could see where you are coming from but 20% that's bearly anything. 

Are Asic cards going to all people like us to get a hold of one of those 1180ti or are miners going to take over once again.