Should I restart Dark Souls?

mbryant

I bought Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition a couple years ago and I finally started really playing it a couple weeks ago (I know I'm way late). Anyway I'm on my way to fight Orinstein and Smough or however it's spelled and I was fighting the guards in front of the fog gate and what happens? I get invaded. The guy killed EVERY NPC in the area. The blacksmith, Solair, Sigfried and then killed me. IDK if this is related but the woman you meet after the bossfight also never appeared. I did hear her voice but I never saw her. 

I'm level 66 or something now and my old save file only has me at the Tarus demon. The main detraction from picking up on that file is blighttown. I didn't have FPS issues there, I just really hated it. 

Should I just continue?

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

Did you get the lordvessel? If not check in the chest at firelink behind frampt.

As long as you've got it you can continue if you wanted, if not you could try using cheat engine to get it else you're softlocked.

If your feeling paranoid about running i to more hackers you can also try dsfix's save backups or manual backups. I've not used it though so I can't help with that.

6 hours ago, CyanideInsanity said:

Did you get the lordvessel? If not check in the chest at firelink behind frampt.

As long as you've got it you can continue if you wanted, if not you could try using cheat engine to get it else you're softlocked.

If your feeling paranoid about running i to more hackers you can also try dsfix's save backups or manual backups. I've not used it though so I can't help with that.

Well I disconnect when/if I get invaded, I usually stay online though to summon help. As for the lord vessel. That cutscene played out as "normal" as far as I can tell save for the fact that I could not see the giant ass woman. I got the vessel went to frampt and all that as normal. I've already gotten myself through the Duke's Archives. I'm just pissed that Siegmyer and Solair were killed. 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

15 hours ago, veli2501 said:

If you use a bonfire they should all reappear?

Not NPC's. Invaders to your world aren't even supposed to be able to kill them in the first place :/

Couple things: Always use DSFix, PVP Watchdog, and the Connectivity Mod. PVP watchdog and Connectivity, in particular, can greatly help prevent being hacked.

Unfortunately, unless you can finish the game and NG+ you're screwed. Gotta reload a past save or start over to get NPCs back.

22 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

Couple things: Always use DSFix, PVP Watchdog, and the Connectivity Mod. PVP watchdog and Connectivity, in particular, can greatly help prevent being hacked.

Unfortunately, unless you can finish the game and NG+ you're screwed. Gotta reload a past save or start over to get NPCs back.

What's NG+? 
I've gotten to the New Londo ruins and I opened the gates to drain it. I haven't fought a boss since Anor Londo save for the scaleless dragon but I died which took me to duke's archives (as normal) so I'm not sure that the game is ruined thankfully. I just don't know why in the fuck the giant lady in Anor Londo never appeared. I just herd her say "You will perish in the twilight of Anor Londo" and then I got the Lord Vessel. 

5 minutes ago, mbryant said:

What's NG+? 
I've gotten to the New Londo ruins and I opened the gates to drain it. I haven't fought a boss since Anor Londo save for the scaleless dragon but I died which took me to duke's archives (as normal) so I'm not sure that the game is ruined thankfully. I just don't know why in the fuck the giant lady in Anor Londo never appeared. I just herd her say "You will perish in the twilight of Anor Londo" and then I got the Lord Vessel. 

NG+ is new game plus. The game gets harder and harder and harder. Not to spoil too too much, but you do seem to be going on the right track. Keep going through the archives.

The hacker must have killed the big lady, that's what happens when you kill that particular NPC after you beat O&S. I haven't played in a while so I'm not 100% on all the little details.

2 minutes ago, HarryNyquist said:

NG+ is new game plus. The game gets harder and harder and harder. Not to spoil too too much, but you do seem to be going on the right track. Keep going through the archives.

The hacker must have killed the big lady, that's what happens when you kill that particular NPC after you beat O&S. I haven't played in a while so I'm not 100% on all the little details.

Curios as to how he even got to her! I hadn't even beaten the boss yet!
Also yeah I made it to the crystal caves but was like "Fuck that" and went to New Londo haha. 

1 minute ago, mbryant said:

Curios as to how he even got to her! I hadn't even beaten the boss yet!
Also yeah I made it to the crystal caves but was like "Fuck that" and went to New Londo haha. 

Dark Souls is NOT hard to hack on PC. :P

6 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

Dark Souls is NOT hard to hack on PC. :P

I guess the shock was the fact that she could even be killed lol. Only good thing that came out of all of that was that I earned a LOT of souls.