AMD sampling Threadripper 2

I have long awaited more word on threadripper 2, and here we have some reporting on that.

Screenshot_20180516-025454.thumb.png.c8956c2ddc30e63a691bde129365e1b6.png

"Earlier on a document already leaked out, sharing the existence of the three mega-core procs. For Threadripper Gen2 you can expect a refresh of the current line-up; an 8-core Threadripper 2900X, a 12-core Threadripper 2920X and of course a 16-core Threadripper 2950X. AMD will apply the same Zen+ tweaks to the processors; including memory latency optimizations and higher clock speeds. This is going to be huge for Threadripper. "

Personally i cant wait! I want to buy the fastest and newest AMDs got. Id hate to buy a 1950x and then have this come out months after. 

I really like the competition thats going on with cpus right now.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ryzen-threadripper-2000-is-sampling-(according-to-amd-slide).html

L8 to the party m8 xD 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I missed it cuz it was titled "TR" instead of "Threadripper", my bad lol.

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

L8 to the party m8 xD 

I wonder what will XFR be like 4.5 maybe. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

-= Locked =-

Previously posted topic;

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER