Way to change in store TV advertisements remotely?

sauce-c

Hey all, I'm working on trying to figure out how I can change the in store advertisements that we play on TV's in our store remotely and in real time. So let's say we have April promotions, and I would like to switch them over to May's. I would like to be able to just upload the new video(s)/picture(s) from our office to the TV's so no one at the store has to be involved whatsoever. I am unsure if there is a service, software, hardware, or a combination of the aforementioned things that will let me accomplish this goal. If anyone has any insight, please let me know. 

I hope this isn't too vague.

Thanks in advance!

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k 3.7Ghz MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4x4) Storage: Crucial MX300 275Gb | WD Blue 1Tb

GPU: XFX RS RX480 8Gb Case: Corsair 270R PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Monitors: HP 22cwa | BenQ BL2420PT  Cans: ATH-M50x 

9 minutes ago, sauce-c said:

Hey all, I'm working on trying to figure out how I can change the in store advertisements that we play on TV's in our store remotely and in real time. So let's say we have April promotions, and I would like to switch them over to May's. I would like to be able to just upload the new video(s)/picture(s) from our office to the TV's so no one at the store has to be involved whatsoever. I am unsure if there is a service, software, hardware, or a combination of the aforementioned things that will let me accomplish this goal. If anyone has any insight, please let me know. 

I hope this isn't too vague.

Thanks in advance!

You could run a constant livestream from one computer, and have them playing it. With OBS you can have a video file play on loop.

i like trains 🙂

Just now, ImplosiveNUTech said:

You could run a constant livestream from one computer, and have them playing it. With OBS you can have a video file play on loop.

This is actually a really interesting, low budget concept. What would I use on the tv end to receive the video? Right now options I'm looking into are Vimeo and Plex paired with like a fire stick or chromecast or something. 

It sounds to me like these TV's aren't wired up? If so, are they using some sort of "demo mode?" but if they are wired up this might help.

"Shashabooey" - Po

1 minute ago, CloroxBleach57 said:

It sounds to me like these TV's aren't wired up? If so, are they using some sort of "demo mode?" but if they are wired up this might help.

The TV's are wired up, just like you would set up a  tv at home. The issue is not getting the video to the TV like you normally would, i.e. plug the HDMI into a computer or cable box to play the video. The issue here is I would like to be able to change what is playing on these TV's from a different location. So let's say we have three stores, I would like to be able to change their TV advertisements from our office remotely. 

Just now, sauce-c said:

The TV's are wired up, just like you would set up a  tv at home. The issue is not getting the video to the TV like you normally would, i.e. plug the HDMI into a computer or cable box to play the video. The issue here is I would like to be able to change what is playing on these TV's from a different location. So let's say we have three stores, I would like to be able to change their TV advertisements from our office remotely. 

That is going to be harder. I don't know a lot about that, but what I do know:

-Windows 10 pro can remotely control/be controlled by other PC's also running W10 Pro.

-Private Twitch streams are a thing, so that could work if 4k streaming is a thing. (Twitch has compression so don't)

-More professional-like: Get a service or make a service that loops a specific file from the interwebs (You could even just make an unlisted website with no meta) then just change the video file, replace it with one of the same name and BAM! (Just don't use youtube, compression is bad for demos).

"Shashabooey" - Po

2 hours ago, CloroxBleach57 said:

That is going to be harder. I don't know a lot about that, but what I do know:

-Windows 10 pro can remotely control/be controlled by other PC's also running W10 Pro.

-Private Twitch streams are a thing, so that could work if 4k streaming is a thing. (Twitch has compression so don't)

-More professional-like: Get a service or make a service that loops a specific file from the interwebs (You could even just make an unlisted website with no meta) then just change the video file, replace it with one of the same name and BAM! (Just don't use youtube, compression is bad for demos).

Good points, thanks for the input!