78oc i7 8700k

Doing what?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

82oc doing a stress test at 4.7 MHz with a noctua u14s 

No issue at all.  Don't listen to the "Try to keep it under XXc" nonsense.  Enthusiast baby their CPUs.  There are CPU's bouncing off their thermal limit in harsh environments all over the world running for years.  If you are not hitting the thermal limit, you are not hurting your CPU.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

3 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Keep in mind stress test is worst case scenario.  I'd be comfortable with around 80.  What's your cooler? Nvm missed your post.

im 3oc over is that ok

7 minutes ago, gazdadude said:

im 3oc over is that ok

If it's not spiking to ~95C (accounting for a possible 5C discrepancy in thermal sensor readings), and if you're not pushing high voltages (1.4v+) you're likely to be fine.

CPU degradation and/or failure from electromigration accelerates when you have both heat & voltage. The more voltage you use, the less heat you ideally want to subject your CPU under.

This all ultimate loops back to something a little simpler:

Do you particularly care if your CPU fails in 5 years vs. 10 years vs. 15 years?

9 minutes ago, gazdadude said:

im 3oc over is that ok

It's ok.  It's not a strict number you have to hit, I think max operating temps are 100c.

If you have multi core enhance enabled on your board, that's not a bad temp.  That means all 6 cores are firing at that speed.  Typically, you won't have that happen.  

6 minutes ago, thorhammerz said:

If it's not spiking to ~95C (accounting for a possible 5C discrepancy in thermal sensor readings), and if you're not pushing high voltages (1.4v+) you're likely to be fine.

CPU degradation and/or failure from electromigration accelerates when you have both heat & voltage. The more voltage you use, the less heat you ideally want to subject your CPU under.

This all ultimate loops back to something a little simpler:

Do you particularly care if your CPU fails in 5 years vs. 10 years vs. 15 years?

It’s at 1.34 volts stable

6 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

It's ok.  It's not a strict number you have to hit, I think max operating temps are 100c.

If you have multi core enhance enabled on your board, that's not a bad temp.  That means all 6 cores are firing at that speed.  Typically, you won't have that happen.  

That’s spot on thank you :)

If you haven't tried already, if you're only going for 4.7 GHz on the 8700K you should be able to get that voltage lower.

I've got 4.7 GHz at 1.25v. Significantly lower.

If you have tried, RIP.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

You should be fine, unless it's thermal throttling.  The heat won't kill your components, just look at Vega 64 (aircooled), GTX 480, Pentium 4, and the FX 9000 series, all of them still exist somehow.

7 hours ago, Emberstone said:

If you haven't tried already, if you're only going for 4.7 GHz on the 8700K you should be able to get that voltage lower.

I've got 4.7 GHz at 1.25v. Significantly lower.

If you have tried, RIP.

I’ve caged the voltage to 1.25 but it stays there and doesn’t go any lower even on idle

Also is it safe to lower the voltage on enhanced turbo