Fortnite runs weird

KlamoursLover69

I tried playing fortnitewith a gt 470m but when I ran it it was all weird ( picture down below )

I tried downloading drivers but it still ran weird

then i went to the nvidia settings and i set fortnite to run on my 470m but that still didnt help

SOMEONE HELP ME I JUS WANNA PLAY FORTNITE

image.png.7d03e80cb10b563bef37152269fbcb7e.png

Have you overclocked your card? And does this happen in other games?

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

1 minute ago, Jasun said:

Have you overclocked your card? And does this happen in other games?

some games yea like hello neighbor but i dont think ive ever overclocked my card

1 minute ago, KlamoursLover69 said:

some games yea like hello neighbor but i dont think ive ever overclocked my card

That might be a hardware issue. You probably have but did you restart your computer after installing the drivers?

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

1 minute ago, ThatFlashCat said:

That might be a hardware issue. You probably have but did you restart your computer after installing the drivers?

yes

2 minutes ago, KlamoursLover69 said:

yes

Ok, so you downloaded drivers. Are you sure they were the latest drivers specifically for your Nvidia graphics card? It could also be an issue with a bad overclock (even though you don't remember overclocking), likely the memory.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

Just now, ThatFlashCat said:

Ok, so you downloaded drivers. Are you sure they were the latest drivers specifically for your Nvidia graphics card? It could also be an issue with a bad overclock (even though you don't remember overclocking), likely the memory.

i did download the lateset drivers but i dont know if it was meaant for the gt 470m but i did search and it found the latest 400 m series of drivers

and i've never overclocked on this computer as i dont even know how to get to the bios and i dont have overclocking software

If I remember right, Linus did a video about screen tearing and odd graphical performance(like this) and found that the RAM was the problem. If I were you, I would start with RAM. If you have two sticks, remove one at a time and see if it stops. You only need 2GB of RAM to run Windows. If your only running one card, try to buy or borrow a cheap RAM module. If swapping RAM doesn't work, then it might be a bad GPU. By the sounds of it, your running on a laptop so you can't swap the GPU easily.