I've question about BIOS update

Whenever I update BIOS and when it's done installing it through EZ Flash 3(I use USB storage installation not network) (motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX F-GAMING) so when it restarts once and then there's the black screen with saying don't shut down your PC BIOS is getting updated and when it's done my PC restarts and then it shows "Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting." is that normal? It should be like that? And then I go into BIOS and check the version it shows the newest one? But I'm just wondering should it even show that "Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting message" ? 

Why are reflashing your BIOS in the first place?

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

21 minutes ago, marttin said:

Whenever I update BIOS and when it's done installing it through EZ Flash 3(I use USB storage installation not network) (motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX F-GAMING) so when it restarts once and then there's the black screen with saying don't shut down your PC BIOS is getting updated and when it's done my PC restarts and then it shows "Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting." is that normal? It should be like that? And then I go into BIOS and check the version it shows the newest one? But I'm just wondering should it even show that "Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting message" ? 

Yes, that's relatively common. It's generally a good idea to reset your bios/uefi to defaults prior to flashing anyway, just in case, so it's usually the first thing that needs done once you finish updating.

17 hours ago, FAQBytes said:

Why are reflashing your BIOS in the first place?

to update BIOS ??? 

20 hours ago, marttin said:

Like Tabs said, it is not a problem. You have no problem booting up your system?

4 hours ago, marttin said:

to update BIOS ??? 

In general, at least in the past, updating the bios was only ever done if it was necessary to fix a problem. While this was to reduce the probability of it going wrong by reducing the number of times you mess with the BIOS, it may no longer be an issue with redundant BIOS in more modern motherboards, however, in general, I have seen people recommend against messing with BIOS flashing unless it is absolutely necessary or you are doing something with your hardware that it dying is within the realms of expectation (e.g. LN2/DICE/<0 overclocking).

Regardless, if the problem is solved, the problem is solved.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

1 minute ago, FAQBytes said:

it may no longer be an issue with redundant BIOS in more modern motherboards

I've actually only ever seen that as a feature in Gigabyte boards.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I've actually only ever seen that as a feature in Gigabyte boards.

Ah, count me corrected. I must be thinking of something that reduces hard bricking aside from redundant BIOSes then, unless the culture seems to be changing away from being so hesitant to do so for some reason.

Just now, FAQBytes said:

Ah, count me corrected. I must be thinking of something that reduces hard bricking aside from redundant BIOSes then, unless the culture seems to be changing away from being so hesitant to do so for some reason.

Could be. I wish more manufacturers did that on their mainboards. I think I've seen dual BIOS chips on some EVGA video cards in the past.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Could be. I wish more manufacturers did that on their mainboards. I think I've seen dual BIOS chips on some EVGA video cards in the past.

Maybe it's graphics cards I'm thinking of then, since I've had both ASUS and EVGA cards with them now.

Just now, FAQBytes said:

Maybe it's graphics cards I'm thinking of then, since I've had both ASUS and EVGA cards with them now.

Probably. I feel like dual BIOS on a motherboard is an overlooked and underrated feature.

2 hours ago, TrupiD said:

Like Tabs said, it is not a problem. You have no problem booting up your system?

No not really but I'm just wondering if I can fuck up something since I upgraded my PC..

Don't really want something to brake.. I just want my system to run super smoothly for long of period time.. And also I'm updating BIOS because it might give some performance boost in some way 

I was just wondering why it shows that screen afterwards once it's updated.. I mean everything is working fine but I thought once it's updated it should just restart PC and log inside the OS and not show the black screen with message "Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting message" 

I haven't updated these new BIOS or UEFI or whatever you call idk.. Since I've never owned a good motherboard like this one.. So I've no clue how it should work and I'm just asking because I'm wondering if I'm doing everything correctly or if my system should respond like that after updating BIOS

Case NZXT N450

CPU i7 8700k

CPU Cooler Cryorig H5 Universal

GPU ASUS GTX1070 DUAL O8G

RAM G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz CL14

MOBO ROG Z370-F STRIX GAMING

SSD SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB

HDD Western Digital WD Blue Hard Drive WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

PSU Corsair HX750i

21 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Probably. I feel like dual BIOS on a motherboard is an overlooked and underrated feature.

@Crunchy Dragon check dm btw

59 minutes ago, marttin said:

No not really but I'm just wondering if I can fuck up something since I upgraded my PC..

Don't really want something to brake.. I just want my system to run super smoothly for long of period time.. And also I'm updating BIOS because it might give some performance boost in some way 

I was just wondering why it shows that screen afterwards once it's updated.. I mean everything is working fine but I thought once it's updated it should just restart PC and log inside the OS and not show the black screen with message "Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting message" 

I haven't updated these new BIOS or UEFI or whatever you call idk.. Since I've never owned a good motherboard like this one.. So I've no clue how it should work and I'm just asking because I'm wondering if I'm doing everything correctly or if my system should respond like that after updating BIOS

Case NZXT N450

CPU i7 8700k

CPU Cooler Cryorig H5 Universal

GPU ASUS GTX1070 DUAL O8G

RAM G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz CL14

MOBO ROG Z370-F STRIX GAMING

SSD SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB

HDD Western Digital WD Blue Hard Drive WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

PSU Corsair HX750i

You have nothing to worry about :D

Nice setup :)