Ryzen 2700X Editing/Streaming/Gaming build!

So a buddy of mine had a friend reach out to him to get a PC built for streaming/editing/gaming (mostly League of Legends) and figured...this is where the value of Ryzen shines! So i spec'd out a system that the client approved of for his budget (around $1300) and we were off to the races. He wanted to go for an understated/sleeper build, and ordered a Dell 144hz 1440p Gsync monitor to match that theme (instead of something all gamer'd out), and im pretty excited to see what he does with this rig! Ryzen 2nd gen gives me alot of hope for future Zen architecture performance increases!

specs:
-AMD Ryzen 2700X
-G.Skill 16gb DDR4 3200mhz RAM
-Gigabyte Aorus x470 Ultra Gaming mobo
-EVGA GTX 1060 6gb SC
-EVGA CLC 240 AIO (to try to get the most out of XFR/Precision Boost)
-Fractal Design Define C
-Adata XPG 512gb NVME SSD
-HGST 3tb HDD

One thing that surprised me was the render benchmark. This CPU beat my friend's Threadripper 1920X @ 4.1ghz, but that was last year on an older version of Premeire CC so i wonder if its down to Adobe optimizing Premiere for Zen better since then. Beat by like 15 seconds in a 6.5 minute render which i think is kind of significant.

p.s
I flipped the fans on the AIO to "push" after the build (and photos) were taken.

2700x.thumb.jpg.f6d7feacebeda6d7f6f36d72013d0c61.jpg

2700x2.thumb.jpg.1aa761dae43f7935c1df636126db4607.jpg

bonus video on the build:

YouTube/CoalitionGaming - Cameras: Canon 1DX MkII, Canon EOS M6 MkII, Panasonic Lumix G85
The Gaming/Streaming/Editing Rig: Codename
LINCHPIN 
Ryzen 9 5900X // Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite mobo // 32gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz // Swiftech Boreas custom CPU loop & IRIS Helix Fans // Lian LI PC-O11 Dynamic Case // Nvidia RTX 3080 FE  // Sandisk x400 1tb SSD // Micron 2tb SSD // WD 1tb Blue HDD // SK Hynix Gold P31 NVME 1tb SSD // 

Sweet build and video. :)

Seems pretty wild for an 8-core to beat a 12-core. Maybe memory was playing into that.

Can I ask you how the motherboard was to work with, like the BIOS and getting the right memory speeds?

23 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Sweet build and video. :)

Seems pretty wild for an 8-core to beat a 12-core. Maybe memory was playing into that.

Can I ask you how the motherboard was to work with, like the BIOS and getting the right memory speeds?

Thanks! The memory on the threadripper build was actually same speed as the 2700x build, im thinking the extra 100mhz on the CPU maybe had a little more to do with it and maybe slgiht architecture improvements...and possibly also Adobe optimizing a little bit better for Ryzen since the original TR benchmark. The BIOS was a snap to deal with, all i did to get the RAM to 3200 was set the XMP profile and it was off to the races.

YouTube/CoalitionGaming - Cameras: Canon 1DX MkII, Canon EOS M6 MkII, Panasonic Lumix G85
LINCHPIN 
Ryzen 9 5900X // Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite mobo // 32gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz // Swiftech Boreas custom CPU loop & IRIS Helix Fans // Lian LI PC-O11 Dynamic Case // Nvidia RTX 3080 FE  // Sandisk x400 1tb SSD // Micron 2tb SSD // WD 1tb Blue HDD // SK Hynix Gold P31 NVME 1tb SSD // 

27 minutes ago, Mnpctech said:

Define C is a great case choice.

Yeah everything fit really well with this case, especially considering the graphics card was a single fan model. This graphics card in any bigger of a case would have left it looking like there was too much empty space i think.

LINCHPIN