Fix or change gif avatar requirements

emosun

I've noticed it's quite easy to break whatever system is in place for the conversion of gif avatars.

If an avatar takes too long for the site itself to (I assume reformat or compress it when upload) the site will time out.

this occurs when the gif is UNDER the size requirements listed.

Also , I've noticed that when i highly compress a gif to be used as an avatar , the site will attempt to compress the gif smaller , which of course makes sense. However , I seem to be able to compress the gif far better than the site can thus making the final gif being hosted on the site larger than the file it originally started as.

so perhaps a small fix to either change the size requirements , or , a longer time limit on the conversion process so the site doesn't time out.

I don't think more time allowed to convert the gif would be totally out of the question as the amount of people uploading gifs as avatars is I assume not very often maybe a few times a day if at all.

Unfortunately, this isn't something that we can really control, but I agree that it's not ideal at the moment.

HTTP/2 203