Very dimm screen after enabling lightboost.

Go to solution Solved by vanished,

Turning that on pulses the backlight with each frame in order to make motion blur/ghosting/etc. less noticeable.  The side effect is your backlight is now at full power for only a fraction of the time instead of constantly, so of course it looks dim for this reason.

So i enabled lightboost on my acer gn246hl, and now my screen seems so dim? When i take it off it goes back to normal brightess. Is this a thing ?

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

lightboost simply just messes with the led making it flicker to reduce ghosting or somthing  , thus it looks dim

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

lightboost simply just messes with the led making it flicker to reduce ghosting or somthing  , thus it looks dim

Yeah i could see that ingame, it messes up with the led

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

Just now, T0MMEN said:

Yeah i could see that ingame, it messes up with the led

my tv has somthing similar to simulate high hz, tho it looks kinda flickery and low brightness to me it annoys me soi turn it off :v however it totally removes ghosting n stuff

i think lightboost is nothing different there, if u dont like the dim, dont use it  ... coz not much more u can do x_x  sadly led flashing technologies drop ur brightness alot or just give flickering

(◑‿◐)

Turning that on pulses the backlight with each frame in order to make motion blur/ghosting/etc. less noticeable.  The side effect is your backlight is now at full power for only a fraction of the time instead of constantly, so of course it looks dim for this reason.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.