Third 144Hz IPS monitor with backlight bleed...

This is my third AOC AG271QG (27" IPS 165Hz 1440p G-SYNC) monitor. Backlight bleed strikes again!

100% brightness:

2cpwz2b.jpg

50% brightness:

10ql1lg.jpg

Look at the yellowy/golden spotlight effect in both of the bottom corners in the above photos.

The first two were from February 2018, this latest one is from March 2018. Different retailers each time. At least this latest time around I paid only £549 instead of £630 like the first two times.

At this point it's clear that they are all like this with only very minor variances between them. So not sure what to do now.

The ASUS PG279Q, Viewsonic XG2703-GS and Acer XB271HU all have deeper stands than this AOC (which already feels a bit cramped on my small desk), are more expensive in the case of the first two and from my online research they all have this same backlight bleeding issue anyway. Already tried the Dell S2417DG which I also returned because of very bad colour artifacting in darker shades, so I'm ruling out TN. Meanwhile, 27" 16:9 1440p VA options lack G-SYNC and have the same problem where the stands are a bit too deep (Samsung CHG70 and MSI MAG27CQ/MPG27CQ) in addition to their own QC issues regarding ghosting. I feel I've been backed into a corner here with almost no options left.

Is there anything I can do to minimise the effect of the bleed such as bias lighting? Does it tend to fade over time like some people have claimed online? Should I try to learn to live with it?

Would appreciate any thoughts on what my next course of action should be.

The BLB on my (only) Acer XB271HU is 99% good. I bought one of the PG279Qs and returned it. BLB was worse than your picture seems to be. Found a few PG279Q's on display in stores. All had the same pattern. Bought the Acer one although I do prefer the design of the PG279Q. Now I'm happy.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

Tbh those pictures show an exaggerated image as the camera is trying to get in more light making it even look worse.

My 2 cheapass monitors (VA i think) do not have that amount of bleeding :S 

1ste picture is how the camera sees it, 2nd is how i see it. 

before.jpg.c35f2dfaf5009b4ef101a6798576ef84.jpgbefore.jpg.05c426799f6d65059ae01b47c02df3f4.jpg

33 minutes ago, chckovsky said:

The BLB on my (only) Acer XB271HU is 99% good. I bought one of the PG279Qs and returned it. BLB was worse than your picture seems to be. Found a few PG279Q's on display in stores. All had the same pattern. Bought the Acer one although I do prefer the design of the PG279Q. Now I'm happy.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Such a shame that the Acer has by far the largest, bulky and most cumbersome stand of them all. What were they thinking when they designed that monstrosity?

the acer stand is actually pretty decent and very sturdy and i personally dont care about aesthetics because my stuff just has to work so its perfect simply because its so adjustable.

I could order it on Amazon for delivery tomorrow. I could then compare them both side by side and keep the best one.

Do you think it's worth trying that?