video and audio out of sync

For every video i see in my laptop on either vlc or wmp-hc the audio starts to lag really bad after a couple of minute. This happens no matter the file container (mkv, mpg,...).

I already unistalled the programs and cleaned any folder for it i could find. Reinstalled it and nothing. I'm also using the last version.

This happens only on the laptop that is sort of a clone of the desktop, but on the desktop there is no issue.

This is really weird as i supposed vlc used it's owned codecs, so they shouldn't both be doing this right?

A clone of the desktop? So installed Windows on desktop, cloned drive to laptop? If so I'd say drivers are your issue

3 hours ago, r4tch3t said:

A clone of the desktop? So installed Windows on desktop, cloned drive to laptop? If so I'd say drivers are your issue

"clone" as in they have the same programs and OS installed. They are worlds apart so i could never get way with that. It also couldn't be drivers as the laptop is rather old so there aren't really new drivers in a long long time now and the problems is very recent

Did you reinstall the audio/video drivers? It might help.

It might be a conflicting program wanting the same resources.

Anything you installed recently?

4 minutes ago, r4tch3t said:

Did you reinstall the audio/video drivers? It might help.

It might be a conflicting program wanting the same resources.

Anything you installed recently?

haven't messed with anything except windows automatic updates. I guess it could have updated some drivers, didn't think about that.

I can reinstall the drivers but wouldn't it also be a problem for videos on YT for example? there i don't have any issues with sound or video.