LACP with win server 2016 and cisco 3750g switch

jnic

i have win server 2016 running with a dual port gigabit intel nic. First i tried it with nic teaming mode set to switch independent and load balancing mode set to dynamic, i was able to transfer files at at max of 1Gbps, even when i had two separate  1gb clients the server would max out at 1Gbps, even though its theoretical max is 2Gbps.  I changed the nic teaming mode to LACP and load balancing mode to address hash, then got LACP set up on my cisco switch. it will start out at about 80 Mbps, then drop down and fluctuate a lot. i kept testing the speeds of transferring files and at one point it would go higher than 15 Mbps.   

image.png.9ae2ef8603b79e0fac06563c9846e9bb.png

Is there any way i can get close to the theoretical max of 2 Gbps, or at least a consistent 1 Gbps  

image.png.e269c3b95d06e13d565b27b5473c7baf.png

I'm not sure which setting you have available. I had to set my teams as Static Link Aggregation to get them to 2Gbps instead of redundant 1Gbps, then configure the switch accordingly. But I was doig it with the network card drivers in Win 7. I had only one machine running Server 2012, where I could do it from Windows, but I don't remember the details there and the trial period has expired. Maybe I can still boot it and check these settings, haven't tried since the expiry date.

6 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I'm not sure which setting you have available. I had to set my teams as Static Link Aggregation to get them to 2Gbps instead of redundant 1Gbps, then configure the switch accordingly. But I was doig it with the network card drivers in Win 7. I had only one machine running Server 2012, where I could do it from Windows, but I don't remember the details there and the trial period has expired. Maybe I can still boot it and check these settings, haven't tried since the expiry date.

i just tried changing it to static teaming 

image.png.b9be8e9bd5beb8159dd4d6771d329ed8.png

but still wont go past 1Gbps, its a little bit more consistent  

5 minutes ago, jnic said:

i just tried changing it to static teaming 

(...)

but still wont go past 1Gbps, its a little bit more consistent  

As far as I know, you should be able to get the same results with LACP and static, depending on what your switch supports. A quick search told me that switch-independent will only be useful for failover, though.

How is the switch configured?

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

As far as I know, you should be able to get the same results with LACP and static, depending on what your switch supports. A quick search told me that switch-independent will only be useful for failover, though.

How is the switch configured?

i followed this to configure it 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/51163.windows-server-2016-nic-teaming-with-cisco-switch.aspx

Create RAM disk on the server and client to do your testing or use iperf, try and get as much out of the way so you're testing the network only and not other factors.