Rest - Scratch build

Bulldogge Builds

GemIIRD.jpg

So once again it's time for new project and this time I thought "why not build your own case?". The case will be 2mm thick steel, bent and lots of details cut out with laser. The thought of this project is that it's going to act as a rendering/streaming computer, but also act as a testbench. The top will be open so parts can be changed quite easily if you want to test other parts and make comparisons. The cpu will be watercooled, but with soft tubing instead of hard tubing since hard tubing would more or less kill the idea of a test bench...

Parts that I'll be using in this project...
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Mobo: MSI X470 Gaming 7
GPU: MSI 1050 Ti  4GB Gaming X
RAM: Team Group Delta Black RGB 3000Mhz 2x8GB
SSD: Team Group Delta Black RGB 250GB
PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 850W
Fans: be quiet! SilentWings 3 PWM (2200rpm och 1450rpm)

Water cooling
All parts for water cooling is provided by Alphacool and I will be going through this in a post later on once these arrive. I will be using a 360 radiator in the front of the case and the pump/reservoar in the open top compartment. Pass throughs will be used for combining all parts and help get a minimalistic look...

Case
So far I've only created small sketches in paint and just thought about how it looks and made sure that all parts fit without a problem. I consider myself to be almost there, so very soon I'll sit down with a friend that knows his way around CAD and we'll create a file so we can get going with cutting all parts needed for the case. Pictures of all components and progress on the case will be posted as soon as they arrive or I've made some progress on the case! 

I hope you all want to follow me on my journey towards my first scratch build! :)

A huge thanks to all my sponsors for making this project a reality!

Will be looking forward to finished build.

The logos on the banner are kind of hard to see, maybe do a ctrl+select and then right click stroke in photoshop to give them a outline?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

1 hour ago, MyInnerFred said:

Will be looking forward to finished build.

The logos on the banner are kind of hard to see, maybe do a ctrl+select and then right click stroke in photoshop to give them a outline?

Thanks!

Yeah I noticed that... edited now :)

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

custom stuff is always awesome to see, will be following this! :D

Awesome! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Something arrived at the local post office today :D

agqfNv8.jpg

Once all hardware have arrived I'll post more photos and do a minor review of each and every component!

On 2018-05-17 at 6:21 PM, Bulldogge Builds said:
Something arrived at the local post office today :D

agqfNv8.jpg

Once all hardware have arrived I'll post more photos and do a minor review of each and every component!

awesome! (kul med ännu en svensk!) will be fun to see how it end up! :) 

22 hours ago, ReXiX said:

awesome! (kul med ännu en svensk!) will be fun to see how it end up! :) 

Thanks! :D

Tomorrow RAM and SSD will hopefully show up, then it's only the PSU so I can the the system up and running. Test the hardware and set up the computer for streaming which is one of it's purposes. The case is the main part though, but that's going to take quite some time...

Looking forward to this build thread....btw I have the same gpu in my build, got it used pretty cheap here in Japan didn't want to spend much on this build since it's almost time for a new build. 

FB_IMG_1526625118534.jpg

@Tekred

Wow, that captain AIO looks awesome with the red sleeving on the tubes. I didn't know they made them like that. 

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

4 hours ago, BarackOBatman said:

@Tekred

Wow, that captain AIO looks awesome with the red sleeving on the tubes. I didn't know they made them like that. 

Thanks, came with the case 

Screenshot_20180525-070307.png

The final pieces for the puzzle have arrived...

2x8GB awesome looking Delta Black RGB RAM from Teamgroup
250GB Delta Black RGB SSD from Teamgroup

tEi20AK.jpg

fwJ2Rov.jpg

850W Straight Power 11, fully modular gold psu from be quiet!

M51a5am.jpg

lG8UDPs.jpg

eLek35p.jpg

Now it's all up to me to get started with the case! Can't wait to do my very first scratch build with some genuine machinery and get it all done exactly the way I want!

23 hours ago, Bulldogge Builds said:

tEi20AK.jpg

fwJ2Rov.jpg

I have never heard about that brand :o is it good?

14 hours ago, ReXiX said:

I haven't had time to try overclocking or testing much so far. But XMP worked just as it should on the ram and the best part is that the RGB worked perfectly with MSI Mystic Light... so you don't have to use different software which is awesome :)

8 hours ago, Bulldogge Builds said:

I haven't had time to try overclocking or testing much so far. But XMP worked just as it should on the ram and the best part is that the RGB worked perfectly with MSI Mystic Light... so you don't have to use different software which is awesome :)

Sweet! any cables to the MSI Mystic Light or is it internal for the ram? =)

On 2018-06-01 at 8:42 PM, ReXiX said:

Sweet! any cables to the MSI Mystic Light or is it internal for the ram? =)

The Mystic light is just MSI's software for the the lighting. The RGB on the RAM is internal, but for the SSD it's a cable :)

On 5/30/2018 at 1:45 PM, Bulldogge Builds said:

tEi20AK.jpg

fwJ2Rov.jpg

850W Straight Power 11, fully modular gold psu from be quiet!

M51a5am.jpg

lG8UDPs.jpg

eLek35p.jpg

Now it's all up to me to get started with the case! Can't wait to do my very first scratch build with some genuine machinery and get it all done exactly the way I want!

On 5/31/2018 at 12:47 PM, ReXiX said:

Team group is great. I bought the team force delta rgb 2400 kit and it overclocks to 3000 with no voltage or timing adjustments. Also you can control the ram through Asus aura sync and Gigabyte rgb fusion for sure. Idk about MSI mystic lighting but if Gigabytes rgb fusion can do it I dont see why MSI's mystic lighting couldn't. Also the lighting they used on the kit looks fantastic imo. Very even and just kind of subtle enough to blend in while being colorful enough to stand out. :x

• 3 months later...
Update! Finally some progress... my mancave is once again in my "possession" and the possibility to mod when I feel like it isn't any longer a big project in itself. I started modifying the motherboard plate and remove excessive parts and file down rough edges.

onYYulD.jpg

4Y4XhGL.jpg

EeINWUB.jpg

Sawing in aluminium will result in a damaged floor and a damaged eisplateau, so I decided to go down to the basement for that part of the project...

OdeEXnd.jpg

After a long time of filing with the associated bloodshed I've finally removed all uneven and rough edges. I've also measured so it'll fit perfectly for the case I'm about to build.

wrRa4e7.jpg

I3RVVFi.jpg

T3r6ZUa.jpg

D5Q53TC.jpg

Decided to rename the project because I've made some change in my plans... Rest is a comination of "Rendering and Streaming" which are two of the three things this build is for :)

On 9/11/2018 at 9:44 AM, Bulldogge Builds said:
D5Q53TC.jpg

Oh my god, this is exactly what I needed to see. I'm also building my own case and have been struggling with how I'm going to secure the expansion cards without it looking hacked together. The idea of chopping up a case to use the motherboard tray and rear panel had occurred to me but I haven't seen it executed this well. Feeling much more confident now lol. Looking forward to how the build progresses!

On 2018-09-12 at 7:22 PM, FakeGamerGuy said:

Oh my god, this is exactly what I needed to see. I'm also building my own case and have been struggling with how I'm going to secure the expansion cards without it looking hacked together. The idea of chopping up a case to use the motherboard tray and rear panel had occurred to me but I haven't seen it executed this well. Feeling much more confident now lol. Looking forward to how the build progresses!

Thanks mate! Yeah since It's also going to act as a test bench in the future I thougnt a motherboard plate would come in handy so it would be easy to swap things :)

• 2 months later...

Sad to say it, but this project is a no go...

I had a deal with a company here in my village that was going to help me with parts of the case. Sadly they promised a lot more than they could deliver and when the final date for applying for dreamhack casemod arrived I had absolutely nothing to show... "No worries, it's an easy job that we'll fix instantly"... yeah right?! So here I am having made promises here and there, promises that I couldn't keep because of all of this! I don't feel like doing any more business with this company  so that's why this project is dead. Hopefully my sponsors are more forgiving than I am... 

be quiet! have already sent me a new case so I can do a new project with the hardware I've been given! So a new project will appear shortly once all the pieces for the puzzle is in place! :)

1 hour ago, Bulldogge Builds said:

Sad to say it, but this project is a no go...

I had a deal with a company here in my village that was going to help me with parts of the case. Sadly they promised a lot more than they could deliver and when the final date for applying for dreamhack casemod arrived I had absolutely nothing to show... "No worries, it's an easy job that we'll fix instantly"... yeah right?! So here I am having made promises here and there, promises that I couldn't keep because of all of this! I don't feel like doing any more business with this company  so that's why this project is dead. Hopefully my sponsors are more forgiving than I am... 

be quiet! have already sent me a new case so I can do a new project with the hardware I've been given! So a new project will appear shortly once all the pieces for the puzzle is in place! :)

Dang, sorry to hear about that. Having to deal with people who promise too much is never fun, but at least there is a bright side of beQuiet! helping out with a new case so hopefully you get to show off something cool in the end :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

42 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Dang, sorry to hear about that. Having to deal with people who promise too much is never fun, but at least there is a bright side of beQuiet! helping out with a new case so hopefully you get to show off something cool in the end :)

Thanks mate! Yeah... the hours I've spent on taking exakt measurements for every single part and making a thorough description of every single plate and piece. So much waste of time, time that could've been spent creating something of my own...

Props to be quiet! for believing in me and providing me with a case for the new project despite all this! :)

• 2 months later...