Will this 4K bluray play on a non-4k player?

79wjd

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-the-last-jedi-includes-digital-copy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-2017/6164816.p?skuId=6164816

In the description it says: "Includes Digital Copy, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray".

And in the image it shows: "4K Ultra HD + Blu-Ray + Digital". 

But I also know that 4k blurays won't usually play at all on a non-4k player. So is this some silly miss-marketing nonsense or does it include a normal bluray copy?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

11 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Who the hell are these 5000 people that watch the unboxing of a dvd....

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Who the hell are these 5000 people that watch the unboxing of a dvd....

You needed to watch an unboxing of the dvd...

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You needed to watch an unboxing of the dvd...

I find it hard to believe that 5000 people watched it to know if it would play on a non 4k player.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I find it hard to believe that 5000 people watched it to know if it would play on a non 4k player.

Clearly they did if you needed the same answer

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Clearly they did if you needed the same answer

Looking through the comments there are quite a few that definitely weren't checking to see if it had a standard blu ray. So I refer back to my previous statement. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Looking through the comments there are quite a few that definitely weren't checking to see if it had a standard blu ray. So I refer back to my previous statement. 

Some people like like unboxing videos

Spoiler

I mean the box CLEARLY says it includes the UHD version plus the standard BluRay version.  I'm confused as to why the question had to be asked in the first place.

It even says right here on the page:

Format: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray

It clearly contains tow discs, a UHD BD and a BD.  It is not unlike the BluRay+DVD combo sets, only instead of 'BluRay+DVD' it's 'Ultra HD BD+BD'.

Most UHD BluRays come with a regular BluRay disc. The same was true for a lot regular BluRays and DVDs as well as discs and digital copies. It makes sense given that most people don't have UHD BluRay players and they're trying to encourage people to start building a collection. What's a few dollars extra for a UHD copy even if I don't have a UHD BluRay player yet? I get to watch the movie now at 1080p and I don't have to buy it again when I make the jump to 4K.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

22 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I mean the box CLEARLY says it includes the UHD version plus the standard BluRay version.  I'm confused as to why the question had to be asked in the first place.

It even says right here on the page:

It clearly contains tow discs, a UHD BD and a BD.  It is not unlike the BluRay+DVD combo sets, only instead of 'BluRay+DVD' it's 'Ultra HD BD+BD'.

2 minutes ago, skywake said:

Most UHD BluRays come with a regular BluRay disc. The same was true for a lot regular BluRays and DVDs as well as discs and digital copies. It makes sense given that most people don't have UHD BluRay players and they're trying to encourage people to start building a collection. What's a few dollars extra for a UHD copy even if I don't have a UHD BluRay player yet? I get to watch the movie now at 1080p and I don't have to buy it again when I make the jump to 4K.

I agree, that's why I wanted to get the 4k copy instead of the regular one. But it also wouldn't surprise me if they listed Blu-ray since 4k uhd Blu-ray is technically Blu-ray and they want to increase keywords for better search matching.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I agree, that's why I wanted to get the 4k copy instead of the regular one. But it also wouldn't surprise me if they listed Blu-ray since 4k uhd Blu-ray is technically Blu-ray and they want to increase keywords for better search matching.

But they they wouldn't put that '+' between the format types right in the gold print on the box.

On 5/6/2018 at 10:47 PM, djdwosk97 said:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-the-last-jedi-includes-digital-copy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-2017/6164816.p?skuId=6164816

In the description it says: "Includes Digital Copy, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray".

And in the image it shows: "4K Ultra HD + Blu-Ray + Digital". 

But I also know that 4k blurays won't usually play at all on a non-4k player. So is this some silly miss-marketing nonsense or does it include a normal bluray copy?

Yes, the "+ Blu-Ray" part means that there's a separate, regular, 1080p Blu-Ray disc in the box.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)