why does Edge still have so many issues....

i've been using Edge for a few days just to try it out, and i noticed it has issues with many websites, among those youtube and this forum, and it's very slow compared to chrome. 

even on my 6 year old laptop the difference is very noticable. and i don't understand it. why is Edge still bad?

like, how difficult is it? if i cllose an advertisement in a fullscreen youtube video it sometimes works, other times it takes the video out of fullscreen, or skips to the next video for some reason. and on this website if i'm on the homepage and scroll down fast, the top bar starts flashing. 

you'd think that for a browser that has been released for almost 3 years now that these bugs would have been fixed. 

She/Her

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i've been using Edge for a few days just to try it out, and i noticed it has issues with many websites, among those youtube and this forum, and it's very slow compared to chrome. 

even on my 6 year old laptop the difference is very noticable. and i don't understand it. why is Edge still bad?

like, how difficult is it? if i cllose an advertisement in a fullscreen youtube video it sometimes works, other times it takes the video out of fullscreen, or skips to the next video for some reason. and on this website if i'm on the homepage and scroll down fast, the top bar starts flashing. 

you'd think that for a browser that has been released for almost 3 years now that these bugs would have been fixed. 

Y bother ?

Microsoft browsers always failed there always been better options

just use chrome or firefox

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

Just now, gbergeron said:

Y bother ?

Microsoft browsers always failed there always been better options

just use chrome or firefox

yeah but i'm wondering why they always fail.. it's not like Microsoft doesn't have the money to make a good browser... 

and yeah i'm using chrome. 

She/Her

Chrome is the way forward. Not sure why microsoft doesn't make Edge better, perhaps the minority of users that are actually reporting useful feedback and bugs are being ignored since the majority of corporate users don't care? I don't know.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

12 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

I don't face any of these kind of these issues. Last year in December I bought a new laptop and decides to give EDGE a try and since then it has become my primary browser. I tried chrome and firefox a few times but, I don't know why, they seem to work superslow.