Is this an acceptable level of IPS backlight bleed?

I returned my first AOC AG271QG IPS monitor because of bright pixels and backlight bleed. I've just received a second today and sure enough... backlight bleed. However, I can't see any dead or bright pixels on this one so that's an improvement.

Here's some photos I took just now of the backlight bleed:

Is the above bleed normal for this panel? This one is no different to the first unit I tried (both manufactured in February 2018 but bought from different retailers).

Is this a worthy trade off to make or should I go just give up and go with the Dell S2417DG TN monitor?

Sadly its just the model, i see alot of complaints about the backbleed in different colors :( 

The Dell is much better quality (both from reviews and my own experience) and if you can i would get that.

That amount of backlight bleed would drive me nuts :S 

2 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Sadly its just the model, i see alot of complaints about the backbleed in different colors :( 

The Dell is much better quality (both from reviews and my own experience) and if you can i would get that.

That amount of backlight bleed would drive me nuts :S 

I just keep hearing bad things about TN panels all over the internet so I'm a bit scared to try it out to be honest! I wish my local PC store had them on display so I could see for myself but they don't have any gaming monitors on show.

Dont know what bad stories you are reading. But both have their pro's and cons.

TN has a worse viewing angle but better speeds at the same price point. IPS has great color but you need to be in the higher end to not have the glow and faster panels.

For gaming i would pick a good TN panel (tho that might have changed in the last years) and pick a good brand.

With either IPS or TN you gonna get what you pay for. Both can be bad in the lower price range.

2 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Dont know what bad stories you are reading. But both have their pro's and cons.

TN has a worse viewing angle but better speeds at the same price point. IPS has great color but you need to be in the higher end to not have the glow and faster panels.

For gaming i would pick a good TN panel (tho that might have changed in the last years) and pick a good brand.

With either IPS or TN you gonna get what you pay for. Both can be bad in the lower price range.

Just all the comments all over the place I see with people saying that once they went IPS they could never go back to TN.

This monitor is high end. It cost me £630!

3 minutes ago, Cakefish said:

This monitor is high end. It cost me £630!

:S Thats rough

30 minutes ago, Cakefish said:
I returned my first AOC AG271QG IPS monitor because of bright pixels and backlight bleed. I've just received a second today and sure enough... backlight bleed. However, I can't see any dead or bright pixels on this one so that's an improvement.

Here's some photos I took just now of the backlight bleed:

Is the above bleed normal for this panel? This one is no different to the first unit I tried (both manufactured in February 2018 but bought from different retailers).

Is this a worthy trade off to make or should I go just give up and go with the Dell S2417DG TN monitor?

the backlight bleed on the bottom right is absolutely not acceptable, same for the bottom left, i would return that monitor asap or get money back

the bottom right and left is probably coz the panel screen was improperly spanned or somthing

backlight bleed isnt actually much different on ips / tn , it depends whta lightning technology their using, and how well the panels are spanned

(◑‿◐)

Darn it, I really want this to be the one :( 

Anyone else got any thoughts?

EDIT: In-game image: http://i66.tinypic.com/4rsxn8.jpg

The camera does exaggerate slightly but that's with the monitor set to 50% brightness.