Should I wait for B450?

So I have like $110 to spend on a motherboard and I wanted to get the Asus Strix B350-F open box cause that was only about $90 but I know B450 is coming soon so should I just give it a wait?

6 minutes ago, lolzisgoodforu said:

So I have like $110 to spend on a motherboard and I wanted to get the Asus Strix B350-F open box cause that was only about $90 but I know B450 is coming soon so should I just give it a wait?

are you planing on a zen+ CPU?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

6 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

are you planing on a zen+ CPU?

I already have a Ryzen 7 1700 so no

3 minutes ago, lolzisgoodforu said:

I already have a Ryzen 7 1700 so no

i don't know if i would trust an open box...this board has been returned for a reason maybe there is something wrong with it, personally i'd rather spend a bit more to get the same board but new with full warranty, 99.30$ after rebate card...order some fancy fans and stuff with the 20$ after the fact

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132988&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

6 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i don't know if i would trust an open box...this board has been returned for a reason maybe there is something wrong with it, personally i'd rather spend a bit more to get the same board but new with full warranty, 99.30$ after rebate card...order some fancy fans and stuff with the 20$ after the fact

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132988&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Ok so is waiting for B450 boards not really worth it?

Just now, lolzisgoodforu said:

not with this CPU no...not at all ;)

Just now, lolzisgoodforu said:

OKie Dokie thoink ya sir

it's a very nice motherboard, it's well worth this amount imho..

The only benefits you'd see is a design that can take advantage of lessons learned the first time around. That's it. Which could be worth it, tbh. Especially since higher TDP is more common with second gen, b450 may be graced with better phase designs.

15 minutes ago, NinjaQuick said:

The only benefits you'd see is a design that can take advantage of lessons learned the first time around. That's it. Which could be worth it, tbh. Especially since higher TDP is more common with second gen, b450 may be graced with better phase designs.

the asus board he's looking at has a very decent power delivery system, and will have no trouble maxing out the ''overlock'' achieveable on a first gen ryzen 1700 CPU...not saying you're wrong, but it's a fact that this motherboard is plenty good enough already.

3 hours ago, lolzisgoodforu said:

B450 is months away.

And the ASUS Isn't very energy efficient but otherwise a decent Board...

But I think my Biostar X370GT7 had more Options than my X370-F Strix (and more LED Light)...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

4 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

the asus board he's looking at has a very decent power delivery system, and will have no trouble maxing out the ''overlock'' achieveable on a first gen ryzen 1700 CPU...not saying you're wrong, but it's a fact that this motherboard is plenty good enough already.

it will have a big problem as B350-F is a crappy cheapo 4 phase

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

Look for used/open box Prime X370 Pro or Strix X370-F. Gigabyte Gaming 5 and K7 are good too.

If u want new, get Prime X470 Pro or X470-F Strix.

Stay away from B boards if u have an 8 core.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

6 hours ago, lolzisgoodforu said:

Naa, wouldn't be much different to B350 anyway...
Maybe a better Layout of the Board because that's what the revised Chipset are fore.

Not like the olden days when there were like 5 different Boards with the same Chipset and different Layouts...

And some were even replacements (ie ASUS P2B -> P3B)

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"