Dual monitor setup - recommendations/advice needed

mangomagic

I'm in the process of building a new system and the GPU I will be using is the EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING 4GB. My system will be primarily used for music production and DOTA 2 (it's the only game I play). I was looking at pairing these two monitors together:

Acer GN246HL Bbid Widescreen 24" LED LCD Monitor, Black (primary display)

Acer G6 G226HQL Bbd 21.5-Inch Full HD LCD Monitor (secondary display)

Is it worth getting a 144hz monitor if I only play DOTA 2? Would my GPU even be able to benefit from a 144hz monitor?

Edit: The CPU I'll be using is an i7-8700.

55 minutes ago, mangomagic said:

I'm in the process of building a new system and the GPU I will be using is the EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING 4GB. My system will be primarily used for music production and DOTA 2 (it's the only game I play). I was looking at pairing these two monitors together:

Acer GN246HL Bbid Widescreen 24" LED LCD Monitor, Black (primary display)

Acer G6 G226HQL Bbd 21.5-Inch Full HD LCD Monitor (secondary display)

Is it worth getting a 144hz monitor if I only play DOTA 2? Would my GPU even be able to benefit from a 144hz monitor?

Edit: The CPU I'll be using is an i7-8700.

IME, when doing dual monitors, I buy two of the exact same models because the differences, subtle or extreme, in using two different LCDs, drive me nuts (I'm a photographer, colour consistency is quite important for me) and I doubt 144hz will give you any benefit for something like DOTA

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Honestly, you will see a difference but a miniscule one, if your on a budget rather not. I also looked into 144hz for my future build and I decided I'd rather get 2 LG 25UM58-P monitors than spend more money on a single one.