No GPU live streaming gaming build. reccomendations?

Go to solution Solved by SHROUD,
17 hours ago, Diamand_G said:

Hi, I recently saw JayzTwoCents video on fortnite on a budget. Essentially he had a AMD Ryzen 5 2400g CPU and paired it with 16 GB of 2400 ram. He gets about 60 frames on about medium settings. Once he puts in a graphics card he bumps all the way up to high settings easily playing the game.
This build seems very valuable to me since I'm just getting into PC gaming and GPU prices are crazy ridiculous due to mining.

My question: I want to be able to stream at least 720p to youtube. If I bump the CPU up to a Ryzen 7 1700x, will streaming be successful at 60 fps even at lowest settings(on fortnite) ? I have a youtube channel started up and streaming is such a great influence for the channel. Thank you to any and all responses / suggestions.

I also currently have a laptop with a GeForce 940mx and a dual core Intel processor (definitely not enough to stream as I have tried it before) I also produce videos, so a machine that could (relatively) quickly render videos would be a great plus.

PS. I would go for a budget PC. With a GPU and all, but I want to have some upgrade ability, and this seems like a very solid, clean option to me.

I know that the new gen of ryzen is already out......but u'll get a better deal by going with a ryzen 1600 ...as they r going fr pretty cheap in microcenters as a combo offer..

So, I suggest u to build something like this....

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.79 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.39 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($154.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.79 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card  ($299.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($33.95 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($34.65 @ Newegg) 
Total: $902.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-05 12:09 EDT-0400

Hi, I recently saw JayzTwoCents video on fortnite on a budget. Essentially he had a AMD Ryzen 5 2400g CPU and paired it with 16 GB of 2400 ram. He gets about 60 frames on about medium settings. Once he puts in a graphics card he bumps all the way up to high settings easily playing the game.
This build seems very valuable to me since I'm just getting into PC gaming and GPU prices are crazy ridiculous due to mining.

My question: I want to be able to stream at least 720p to youtube. If I bump the CPU up to a Ryzen 7 1700x, will streaming be successful at 60 fps even at lowest settings(on fortnite) ? I have a youtube channel started up and streaming is such a great influence for the channel. Thank you to any and all responses / suggestions.

I also currently have a laptop with a GeForce 940mx and a dual core Intel processor (definitely not enough to stream as I have tried it before) I also produce videos, so a machine that could (relatively) quickly render videos would be a great plus.

PS. I would go for a budget PC. With a GPU and all, but I want to have some upgrade ability, and this seems like a very solid, clean option to me.

What kind of budget do you have? That helps to determine what kind of parts I could put into a build.

31 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

What kind of budget do you have? That helps to determine what kind of parts I could put into a build.

I'm currently looking at 800$-900$ (which is why I wanted to up the build.)

If you can add another $100 you can get a full system. Jay just made a video with a 1000$ build. Ryzen 7, 8GB RAM, 1060 6GB. GPU prices are coming down again – slowly but steadily. You want the cores for encoding videos, a 1060 with 6GB is more than enough for 1080p gaming for most games and 8GB are okay for now.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

This would be plenty...

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n3yj29
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n3yj29/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($178.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B360M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($73.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($182.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($41.50 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.79 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($309.99 @ Adorama) 
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA - 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $945.12
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-05 10:23 EDT-0400

17 hours ago, Diamand_G said:

I know that the new gen of ryzen is already out......but u'll get a better deal by going with a ryzen 1600 ...as they r going fr pretty cheap in microcenters as a combo offer..

So, I suggest u to build something like this....

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($174.79 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.39 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($154.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card  ($299.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($33.95 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($34.65 @ Newegg) 
Total: $902.54
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-05 12:09 EDT-0400