An Invision Community App.

I know that this has been talked about a lot here. The question "Can we have a LTT forum App?" or "What about native mobile notifications?" Is normally met with a "This isn't going to happen"

BUT.

While I am not promising anything, for the course I am doing for the next year I need to make an app. I have a choice between an Android App (in either Java or Konklin) or a UWP app (Windows 10) and I plan on doing both. Just because. I am a student, and this will be slow going while I learn the ins and outs of the language. It will be open sourced, so if anyone wants a Linux, iOS or Mac app they may use my code. I have a roadmap setout but I want to hear from the community. Is this something you would want?

Features I plan adding in:

Spoiler
  • Customizable Notifications (Sounds, when, from who ect.)
  • Custom theming
  • Mobile-Oriented design

I am welcome to ideas and help, but I cannot have anyone directly help me due to the nature of the assignment. Any feature ideas or design ideas are welcome. Should this garner enough intrest for me to do it I'll post a live changelog on here and on the Github page (which I will link to when live) If not I'll chalk this up as a bad idea and go through another one. I have some prototype designs, again, with enough intrest I'll post them.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

If you go through with this, you are a legend.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Well i can see this being useful for notifications for example.

Also notifications if they go live or post a new video or something is always nice.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon