CPU Temperature.

Hello..

Few days ago I just finished my new PC. And i was checking the temperature for the past 3 days, and my CPU temp is around 101-115C. I use "Core Temp" to see the temperature. I have a be quiet fans, and I use the normal AMD CPU cooler that came with the CPU. Is  this normal or?

My PC.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 

ASUS GTX 1070ti 8gb

16RAM.

AX370 Gaming K3

Thanks

That number is incorrect. Your PC wouldn't even be running if your CPU was at 115C, considering Ryzen thermal throttles at just 80C.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

If it was that high it'd shut off, probably a dodgy sensor.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

That number is incorrect. Your PC wouldn't even be running if your CPU was at 115C, considering Ryzen thermal throttles at just 80C.

Then what software should I use?

1 minute ago, P2g said:

Hello..

Few days ago I just finished my new PC. And i was checking the temperature for the past 3 days, and my CPU temp is around 101-115C. I use "Core Temp" to see the temperature. I have a be quiet fans, and I use the normal AMD CPU cooler that came with the CPU. Is  this normal or?

My PC.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 

ASUS GTX 1070ti 8gb

16RAM.

AX370 Gaming K3

Thanks

That is absolutely NOT normal. Honestly, I'm surprised your PC is even operating at those temps. First, check to make sure your cooler is mounted correctly. If it's not, then tighten it down. If that's the case, then check to see if your fan is connected and spinning.

Just now, Debeant said:

That is absolutely NOT normal. Honestly, I'm surprised your PC is even operating at those temps.

It wouldn't operate at those temps.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, P2g said:

Then what software should I use?

CPU-Z will usually tell you temperatures. If not that, then Aida64 will tell you.

Just now, Debeant said:

That is absolutely NOT normal. Honestly, I'm surprised your PC is even operating at those temps. First, check to make sure your cooler is mounted correctly. If it's not, then tighten it down. If that's the case, then check to see if your fan is connected and spinning.

Ryzen thermal throttles at 80C. His numbers are faulty, there is no way that a PC can run at those temperatures. Most processors(GPU, CPU, etc) can only take 80-90C before thermal throttling or shutting down entirely due to overheating.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Check temps in BIOS. Most trustworthy source. I've had all sorts of sensors in the OS lie to me. BIOS always seems the most accurate.

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

CPU-Z will usually tell you temperatures. If not that, then Aida64 will tell you.

Ryzen thermal throttles at 80C. His numbers are faulty, there is no way that a PC can run at those temperatures. Most processors(GPU, CPU, etc) can only take 80-90C before thermal throttling or shutting down entirely due to overheating.

I just downloaded CPU-Z and i got 95-105. My GPU is 40, Should i check the CPU cooler if its mounted correctly?

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I was looking into the issue on other sites. According to AMD, the ryzen 7 throttles at 95. The Ryzen 7 also have a +20 offset, so he's likely running at 85-95. I still say he needs to check the cooler for proper seating and that the fan is running. 

7 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Ryzen thermal throttles at 80C.

Where did you get this from? TJMax on Ryzen 1st gen was 94ºC, and I've seen a lot of reviews saying they were well into the 80's without issues

The CPU diode had the idle temp at 44C and the maximum temp at 95C. No thermal throttling was reported and the 8 physical CPU cores were running at 4GHz during this test.

http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-processor-review-2nd-gen-ryzen_204732/7

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Where did you get this from? TJMax on Ryzen 1st gen was 94ºC, and I've seen a lot of reviews saying they were well into the 80's without issues

http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-processor-review-2nd-gen-ryzen_204732/7

I heard 80.

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I heard 80.

80 shouldn't cause any modern desktop CPU I know of to thermal throttle

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FTFY ;) 

This is how my CPU cooler is mounted. Is there a difference if the AMD logo is upside down or its incorrect mounted?

20180503_180359.jpg

5 minutes ago, P2g said:

This is how my CPU cooler is mounted. Is there a difference if the AMD logo is upside down or its incorrect mounted?

Shouldn't make a damn bit of difference. Your cooler isn't hitting that heat sink or the VRM on the left over there is it? if it is, that might be lifting the cooler off enough to prevent contact with the heat spreader of the CPU.

10 minutes ago, Debeant said:

Shouldn't make a damn bit of difference. Your cooler isn't hitting that heat sink or the VRM on the left over there is it? if it is, that might be lifting the cooler off enough to prevent contact with the heat spreader of the CPU.

Nope. The cooler is not hitting the VRM. ? 

1 minute ago, P2g said:

Nope. The cooler is not hitting the VRM. ? 

Are the screws tight? if they are, then maybe you should consider unmounting the cooler, cleaning off the stock thermal paste, and replacing it with an aftermarket paste. If that doesn't fix the issue, then it's probably time to consider a new cooler.

As a side note, check your fan curve in your BIOS. it might be beneficial to increase the speed of the fan in order to keep the CPU cool. It might sound like a turboprop, but it'll last until you can get a better, more reliable cooler.

11 minutes ago, Debeant said:

Are the screws tight? if they are, then maybe you should consider unmounting the cooler, cleaning off the stock thermal paste, and replacing it with an aftermarket paste. If that doesn't fix the issue, then it's probably time to consider a new cooler.

As a side note, check your fan curve in your BIOS. it might be beneficial to increase the speed of the fan in order to keep the CPU cool. It might sound like a turboprop, but it'll last until you can get a better, more reliable cooler.

Tomorrow I will go and buy a thermal paste and I will follow your steps. I will come tomorrow again with new results. 

Thanks ?

UPDATE: I went to BIOS and the CPU Temperature was 38C, then I opened Speccy and again 100+C. IS there a sensor error or?

image.png.67eae16522572f96b745784464ccfb1d.png

UPDATE 2: Downloaded Ryzen Master, and i made comparison between Speccy and Ryzen Master. Acording to Ryzen Master the CPU temperature is 35C , and when it goes up to 50, the temp on Speccy goes up to 120. and when the temp is going down to 35C on Ryzen Master, the temp on Speccy is 99C. .. 

image.png.e2e7f790a0dc99259ec19f3d7a8aa9c0.png

have you tried your mother board manufactorer they might have software to download for ryzen?