How Can I Get the Best out of 1080p desktop

Ganthos

I am using windows 8 and would like to know how to get the most out of using 1080p resolution on my desktop. The fonts look bogus even after trying to use cleartype etc. 

Can be found on my profiIe

You upgrade to a 2k monitor 

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I was thinking more of not having to upgrade any parts. 

It's probably a driver issue or improper monitor calibration. 

You can try to force and downscale from a higher resolution, that might help. Only thing after that is a 1440p korean. 

also shorten that sig its painful to look at

Error: 410

The icons still look great but the fonts just don't scale with everything else properly. 

Sorry I haven't had a chance to shorten it haha. 

You upgrade to a 2k monitor 

2nd shitpost i saw from you within 5 min.

You do know post farming is against CoC? If you cant really help the OP you shouldnt post, and specially useless posts like that one.

To the op, which monitor do you have? 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

2nd shitpost i saw from you within 5 min.

You do know post farming is against CoC? If you cant really help the OP you shouldnt post, and specially useless posts like that one.

What was the first (bad word) post ?

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I am running on an LG plasma at the moment since I mainly watch movies atm. 

You don't have to shorten it. Just put it in a spoiler. An actual spoiler. 

Stuff

You are using <>'s, but it uses []'s. 

Also, always use Ctrl+Shift+V or "Paste as plain text". you carried the font/background with it, which looks terrible on dark theme.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Haha, it may be long but it's pretty unique- but anyways, try to calibrate the monitor

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

You don't have to shorten it. Just put it in a spoiler. An actual spoiler. 

Stuff

You are using <>'s, but it uses []'s. 

Also, always use Ctrl+Shift+V or "Paste as plain text". you carried the font/background with it, which looks terrible on dark theme.

Can you message me the sample of how to do it. I have not a clue. It's been a long time since I played with any type of code.

Haha, it may be long but it's pretty unique- but anyways, try to calibrate the monitor

I did a calibration and the gamma I guess was slightly off. I can see an improvement, but it is not quite were I want it to be. 

I did a calibration and the gamma I guess was slightly off. I can see an improvement, but it is not quite were I want it to be. 

Well, that reaches the limit of my limited knowledge, haha

Hope you can resolve your problems :(

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

Well, that reaches the limit of my limited knowledge, haha

Hope you can resolve your problems :(

It took a bit of playing around with the scaling but I finally have it :D It looks great now. 

It took a bit of playing around with the scaling but I finally have it :D It looks great now. 

Yayyyyyyy!! Well done