Does this monitor exist?

v0id

Before it's asked, yes I have used Google but I haven't been able to locate a monitor with my specifications in mind. I've scoured Amazon, Newegg, Samsung, ASUS and whatever else I could think of trying to find the particular monitor I'm looking for. I'm reaching out to the community since I might just be missing it or overlooking it. Thanks for any input.

- 2560x1440

- VA or IPS

- 27" or higher

- Curved

- 144Hz

- G-Sync

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

1 minute ago, v0id said:

Before it's asked, yes I have used Google but I haven't been able to locate a monitor with my specifications in mind. I've scoured Amazon, Newegg, Samsung, ASUS and whatever else I could think of trying to find the particular monitor I'm looking for. I'm reaching out to the community since I might just be missing it or overlooking it. Thanks for any input.

- 2560x1440

- VA or IPS

- 27" or higher

- Curved

- 144Hz

- G-Sync

mine is all except curved, ips or va (theres a ips version of it for 100 more but i think it has backlight problems. i dont mind it looks greate and i dont do photo work) an its 165 htz

i have the asus swift pg278qr

if you dont need the color accuracy (it not bad at all tn improved) i highly recommend it

why curved they are very expensive?

1 minute ago, Technomancer__ said:

mine is all except curved, ips or va (theres a ips version of it for 100 more but i think it has backlight problems. i dont mind it looks greate and i dont do photo work) an its 165 htz

i have the asus swift pg278qr

if you dont need the color accuracy (it not bad at all tn improved) i highly recommend it

why curved they are very expensive?

I didn't buy into the hype about curved displays until I actually used one, and it was glorious. Yes they are expensive, but I'm considering this as an investment and something I can use for several years to accommodate my gaming and home theater aspirations. I actually own the very monitor you suggested and it's been a great one, but I just want more to include color accuracy and a curved display.

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

1 minute ago, v0id said:

I'm considering this as an investment and something I can use for several years to accommodate my gaming and home theater aspirations

that's what i think with my monitor i got it for 500 euros on black Friday that's expensive. it should last for a while i can get around 70 fps in most games and it can go to 165 so i have a headroom for upgrades.

4 minutes ago, v0id said:

I actually own the very monitor you suggested and it's been a great one, but I just want more to include color accuracy and a curved display.

nice. maybe since you already have a nice 16:9 gaming monitor you can try curved ultrawide! some people say its greate

Just now, Technomancer__ said:

that's what i think with my monitor i got it for 500 euros on black Friday that's expensive. it should last for a while i can get around 70 fps in most games and it can go to 165 so i have a headroom for upgrades.

nice. maybe since you already have a nice 16:9 gaming monitor you can try curved ultrawide! some people say its greate

Ultrawide is not my thing, just because I don't want compatibility issues when it comes to games and movies and whatever else I'm using. It's true that as time goes on more and more stuff should be made in that ratio, but for now I'd prefer more standard ones. And to your first point, I get killer FPS in my games and it's been a stellar monitor. I just feel it's time to get something slightly better.

The Asus PG27VQ has all of those except IPS or VA which means it doesn't look v good. Wouldn't recommend it

https://us.hardware.info/reviews/7853/asus-rog-swift-pg27vq-review-gaming-monitor-with-rgb-lighting

If you drop G-Sync, the Samsung C32HG70 has better colors (still not good) but had rather slow response times.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/samsung_c32hg70.htm

Honestly, if you don't mind an ultrawide: the Dell AW3418DW is a fantastic monitor. Honestly, you could even run it in a 16:9 mode if you wanted to for some games

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_alienware_aw3418dw.htm

Edited by Sombra

7 minutes ago, Sombra said:

The Asus PG27VQ has all of those except IPS or VA which means it doesn't look v good. Wouldn't recommend it

https://us.hardware.info/reviews/7853/asus-rog-swift-pg27vq-review-gaming-monitor-with-rgb-lighting

If you drop G-Sync, the Samsung C32HG70 has better colors (still not good) but had rather slow response times.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/samsung_c32hg70.htm

Honestly, if you don't mind an ultrawide: the Dell AW3418DW is a fantastic monitor. Honestly, you could even run it in a 16:9 mode if you wanted to for some games

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_alienware_aw3418dw.htm

That Samsung was one of the first ones I came across, but I was worried how the refresh rate would work since I don't have an AMD GPU. And I'm not very knowledgeable in that area and figured Nvidia won't play nice with anyone but themselves. The Dell I also noticed but was hesitant on because it's an ultrawide, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that kind of resolution. Compatibility as I mentioned with @Technomancer__ is my main concern, and I'm also not sure how much my GPU can handle.

You got any personal experience with the monitors you listed?

37 minutes ago, v0id said:

That Samsung was one of the first ones I came across, but I was worried how the refresh rate would work since I don't have an AMD GPU. And I'm not very knowledgeable in that area and figured Nvidia won't play nice with anyone but themselves. The Dell I also noticed but was hesitant on because it's an ultrawide, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that kind of resolution. Compatibility as I mentioned with @Technomancer__ is my main concern, and I'm also not sure how much my GPU can handle.

You got any personal experience with the monitors you listed?

Refresh rates will work just fine on an NVIDIA graphics card.

5 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Refresh rates will work just fine on an NVIDIA graphics card.

So I can get the refresh rates (or maybe higher?) advertised with an Nvidia card?

1 minute ago, Logarithm said:

Hey, here's a few monitors on newegg. I couldn't be bothered to sort through them, but there's a few of them that are curved gsync 2560x1440 ips/va.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?N=100160979 600559797&IsNodeId=1&Submit=ENE

Wow, I just looked more carefully, and I was incorrect. Oops, sorry.

1 hour ago, v0id said:

So I can get the refresh rates (or maybe higher?) advertised with an Nvidia card?

yea but you will lose g-sync

1 hour ago, Technomancer__ said:

yea but you will lose g-sync

Honestly, if the monitor does everything else but G-Sync I suppose I might be able to make an exception. The G-Sync thing is more me trying to get the most bang for my buck since I dropped so much on my current GPU, I'd rather use every feature I can get from it. I guess I'll have to do more research on refresh rate and how that works when it comes to certain cards and certain monitors. Thanks for the suggestions and replies man.

2 hours ago, Logarithm said:

Wow, I just looked more carefully, and I was incorrect. Oops, sorry.

No worries, I've seen that list but appreciate ya checking. Really, of those provided the closest one seems to be that widescreen from Dell, the Alienware. Maybe something is coming on the horizon for the latter part of 2018, so perhaps I'll hold off till I know for sure my exact monitor is going to be produced anytime soon. Appreciate you looking though, man.

9 hours ago, v0id said:

The Dell I also noticed but was hesitant on because it's an ultrawide, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that kind of resolution.

You can always run games at 2560*1440p with black bars and get the exact same experience as with a 27" 1440p monitor. And when you are ready for a higher resolution, you already have it, plus you get an ultrawide for desktop use. 

Ultrawide user here,

Its a completely unique experience you wont ever want to return from. I have a curved 27, and the curve is nice and I still use it as a secondary monitor to watch stuff on, but I'd use a flat ultrawide over it anyday. productivity is amazing because you can have a bunch of windows open without jumping between monitors, and the gaming is better. Games that dont support 21:9 just leave black bars on the outside, but the games that do support it are incredible. Run around for 30 seconds in GR: wildlands and youll understand.

Anyway, my 2 cents, if youre looking at a longterm monitor, you should really get an ultrawide.

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

17 hours ago, Sombra said:

You can always run games at 2560*1440p with black bars and get the exact same experience as with a 27" 1440p monitor. And when you are ready for a higher resolution, you already have it, plus you get an ultrawide for desktop use. 

15 hours ago, Ginger_ said:

Ultrawide user here,

Its a completely unique experience you wont ever want to return from. I have a curved 27, and the curve is nice and I still use it as a secondary monitor to watch stuff on, but I'd use a flat ultrawide over it anyday. productivity is amazing because you can have a bunch of windows open without jumping between monitors, and the gaming is better. Games that dont support 21:9 just leave black bars on the outside, but the games that do support it are incredible. Run around for 30 seconds in GR: wildlands and youll understand.

Anyway, my 2 cents, if youre looking at a longterm monitor, you should really get an ultrawide.

You both make some solid points. I guess if I'm after the long term, then it might be something to invest it. Thanks for the input!