am4 cooler for ryzen 5 2600

thanos999
5 minutes ago, thanos999 said:

becaus the stock cooler isnt the same one as on the ryzen 5 1600 its the sam one they use on the ryzen 3 its the Wraith Stealth Cooler not the Wraith Spire Cooler

Yes but the stealth is still nearly as powerful. ALL modern AMD stock coolers are decent.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

not much good if it crashes while playing wot with a 3.7 overclock i want to try and get it to 4 gig and i cant with the stock cooler

Are you using the Source 210 Elite or are you moving to the 810 Switch?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you using the Source 210 Elite or are you moving to the 810 Switch?

at the moment the source 210 the switch needs to be dismantled and cleaned first

23 minutes ago, thanos999 said:

not much good if it crashes while playing wot with a 3.7 overclock i want to try and get it to 4 gig and i cant with the stock cooler

Ya thats what I was saying in the post at the bottom of page 1. Once you OC, you will want that Cryorig H7.

Make sure whatever case you end up with, just get some fresh intake air to the CPU cooler and you should be set.

The 2600 has been shown to push 4.2 GHz on all 12 threads around 1.40-1.41V, should be totally possible while staying under 80C while using the H7, again so long as its got a healthy supply of fresh intake air.

Current Build Thread:

13 minutes ago, thanos999 said:

at the moment the source 210 the switch needs to be dismantled and cleaned first

Kotetsu MKII is good: https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1124369/scythe-kotetsu-mark-ii.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hey

If you have the original 100i the mounting bracket is the same for AM3 and AM4

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

18 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Hey

If you have the original 100i the mounting bracket is the same for AM3 and AM4

thanks for the info but i have the original h100 the h100i is a later model but i will check up the manual if i can find it see if its compatible with AM3 but im not sure if my motherboard is i did have to remove some plastic clips off the motheboard before i could fit the ryzen cooler

heres a picture off the motherboard see the plastic clips either side off the socket i hade to remove them to put the ryzen cooler on are they am3 clips?

x470 prime.png

5 minutes ago, thanos999 said:

heres a picture off the motherboard see the plastic clips either side off the socket i hade to remove them to put the ryzen cooler on are they am3 clips?

AM3 and AM4 uses the same hooks on the included plastic bracket base.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

AM3 and AM4 uses the same hooks on the included plastic bracket base.

thanks so i can use am3 fittings i might be able to use the h100 then

i said i was a noob with amd motherboards this being my first amd build ever

If your block looks like this

h100-1l.jpgh100i-1b.jpg

it works, but if it looks like this

corsair-h100i-gtx-block.jpg

it won't

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

5 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

If your block looks like this

h100-1l.jpgh100i-1b.jpg

it works, but if it looks like this

corsair-h100i-gtx-block.jpg

it won't

yes its the top left one thanks

looks like im already sorted with a better cooler bought the h100 years ago to go into source 210 and never used it cause it wouldnt fit the case

I would recommend getting a Cryorig H7 or sticking with the stock cooler. My 1600 has never gone above 55C with the H7, and the stock cooler still cools the chip just fine.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

good news the h100 fits just finished removing the system frome the 210 and putting it in the 810 still got to do a bit more but its working ok thanks for the help guys

heres my highest stable overclock on ryzen 5 2600 using corsair h100 watercooler on a ASUS Prime x470 Pro motherboard

ryzen 5 over 4.325 ghz.png

ryzen cpuz score.png

got myself into the top 4 for overclocking ryzen 5 2600

Untitlegot myself into the top 5.png

@thanos999 Good job man, surprised you got yourself that high with a 240mm rather than a 280mm or 360mm. Looks like you may have won the silicon lottery!

Surprising that CineBench is reporting 3.85GHz, it had no problem displaying the 3.975GHz max stable OC on my 1600X (Shown as "3.97GHz"). The numbers dont lie though, your scores are about 100 points higher than my 3.975GHz best on the 1600X (Ran with XPG Gammix D10 16GB [8GBx2] 3000MHz OC to 3200MHz at CAS 16-18-18-18-38).

Keep it up and have fun!5ab9d7c3349da_DailyOCSettingsBench.thumb.jpg.f04a0c551dc211237a358f8f2f1b988d.jpg

Current Build Thread:

1 hour ago, WallacEngineering said:

@thanos999 Good job man, surprised you got yourself that high with a 240mm rather than a 280mm or 360mm. Looks like you may have won the silicon lottery!

Surprising that CineBench is reporting 3.85GHz, it had no problem displaying the 3.975GHz max stable OC on my 1600X (Shown as "3.97GHz"). The numbers dont lie though, your scores are about 100 points higher than my 3.975GHz best on the 1600X (Ran with XPG Gammix D10 16GB [8GBx2] 3000MHz OC to 3200MHz at CAS 16-18-18-18-38).

Keep it up and have fun!5ab9d7c3349da_DailyOCSettingsBench.thumb.jpg.f04a0c551dc211237a358f8f2f1b988d.jpg

dont think i can get it any hihger at the moment i hade a look at the number 1 position his vcore was way to hihg i was running just over recomended and couldnt get it stable at 4350 and the tempreture was hitting the 80c point i think i might be able to get  it to the number 2 postion but i need to do a bit more research befor i decide to try to push it higher currently set it at 4.2 and so far ive hade no problems doing the normall everyday things i do on a pc

5 hours ago, thanos999 said:

dont think i can get it any hihger at the moment i hade a look at the number 1 position his vcore was way to hihg i was running just over recomended and couldnt get it stable at 4350 and the tempreture was hitting the 80c point i think i might be able to get  it to the number 2 postion but i need to do a bit more research befor i decide to try to push it higher currently set it at 4.2 and so far ive hade no problems doing the normall everyday things i do on a pc

Well my scores there are based upon a SAFE daily-usage OC running below 1.40V (1.392V to be exact). The RAM is also still at its default 1.35V and the chipset voltage is set to "normal", so this is a fairly conservative overclock.

I may still have a bit of headroom left, but I don't know if I want to push it to its absolute limit. I am fine temp wise, CPU doesn't go above 70C ever and VRMs are currently hitting 92C. As far as I know the maximums are 80C CPU and 120C VRMs so I do have quite a bit of breathing room.

If I wanted to completely max out, I could push VCore to ~1.43-1.45V as well as push the RAM to 1.40V and 3400MHz+, then add a bit of Chipset voltage as well. I believe it would be capable of possibly 4.025-4.050GHz at the absolute maximum and with the RAM tweaked even further, I might be able to close the gap to just a few points.

However, that all seems to be a bit risky just for benchmark numbers. Its a brand new system (budget system built using used eBay parts, completed in March 2018, see build log in signature for details), and immediately pushing it to its brink doesn't seem to be the smartest idea. I would recommend the same thing for you. There is no need to run a brand new system to its very limit just to show off a few numbers. I would keep your VCore around or below 1.40V. I am COMPLETELY certain that you will thoroughly enjoy the system at these voltages. Pretty sure you should be able to maintain 4.2GHz+ with a safe voltage seeing as you have a very nice bin of a CPU.

Current Build Thread:

3 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

Well my scores there are based upon a SAFE daily-usage OC running below 1.40V (1.392V to be exact). The RAM is also still at its default 1.35V and the chipset voltage is set to "normal", so this is a fairly conservative overclock.

I may still have a bit of headroom left, but I don't know if I want to push it to its absolute limit. I am fine temp wise, CPU doesn't go above 70C ever and VRMs are currently hitting 92C. As far as I know the maximums are 80C CPU and 120C VRMs so I do have quite a bit of breathing room.

If I wanted to completely max out, I could push VCore to ~1.43-1.45V as well as push the RAM to 1.40V and 3400MHz+, then add a bit of Chipset voltage as well. I believe it would be capable of possibly 4.025-4.050GHz at the absolute maximum and with the RAM tweaked even further, I might be able to close the gap to just a few points.

However, that all seems to be a bit risky just for benchmark numbers. Its a brand new system (budget system built using used eBay parts, completed in March 2018, see build log in signature for details), and immediately pushing it to its brink doesn't seem to be the smartest idea. I would recommend the same thing for you. There is no need to run a brand new system to its very limit just to show off a few numbers. I would keep your VCore around or below 1.40V. I am COMPLETELY certain that you will thoroughly enjoy the system at these voltages. Pretty sure you should be able to maintain 4.2GHz+ with a safe voltage seeing as you have a very nice bin of a CPU.

well after the overclock i set it back to 4.2ghz with a vcor of 1.375 and i havent touched the ram voltages stil havent learned how to overclock the ram all i did was push the ramm slider to 1333 which is the correct speed for my ram

6 hours ago, thanos999 said:

well after the overclock i set it back to 4.2ghz with a vcor of 1.375 and i havent touched the ram voltages stil havent learned how to overclock the ram all i did was push the ramm slider to 1333 which is the correct speed for my ram

Ah OK sounds good. Overclocking RAM as far as speed goes is identical to CPU overclocking. You can add a bit of voltage and heat in exchange for more speed/MHz. The complicated part about RAM overclocking is timing.

As you increase voltage and speed, RAM timings will naturally retard/loosen. By tweaking timings and keeping them as tight as possible while having the highest possible speed, you can get a pretty serious performance boost, especially with Ryzen as Ryzen CPUs depend so heavily on RAM performance.

Risks are virtually identical as well, too high of voltages will result in harfware degradation. I would recommend looking up overclocking for your specific RAM.

I would recommend a minimum of 2800MHz operational RAM speed for Ryzen, 3200-3400MHz sees the maximum performance gains, and then anything beyond 3400MHz has diminishing returns and isn't worth the risk.

Current Build Thread:

think i found solution for my cooling problem should be able to get it to 5 gig

56 minutes ago, thanos999 said:

think i found solution for my cooling problem should be able to get it to 5 gig

Lol I remember this video! This was hilarious!

Current Build Thread: