Alternative to uTorrent that is capable of streaming

I've been using uTorrent for years now, but it's really starting to piss me of with it's ads and I don't know what other crap, no allowing me to choose the install folder, et cetera, so, I'm switching to something else.

The thing is, the way I've been using uTorrent regarding most video files is that I've started the download, right clicked on the file, copied stream url, and pasted it to MPC. uTorrent would then switch to sequential download for that particular file and I could watch the video almost as soon as I started the download. In case the download was to slow, MPC would hang and wait for the block to be downloaded.

I'm looking for another p2p client that will enable me this functionality. Having only sequential download isn't really enough since the player will just start to skip over the parts that aren't downloaded yet, opposed to hanging as it does with the streaming method.

I've tried qBittorrent, but I was not able to stream the torrent to my player (or even enable the sequential download).

Do you have any suggestions? Preferably something that is not infested with bunch of ads and controversy.

5 minutes ago, Karlovsky120 said:

I've been using uTorrent for years now, but it's really starting to piss me of with it's ads and I don't know what other crap, no allowing me to choose the install folder, et cetera, so, I'm switching to something else.

The thing is, the way I've been using uTorrent regarding most video files is that I've started the download, right clicked on the file, copied stream url, and pasted it to MPC. uTorrent would then switch to sequential download for that particular file and I could watch the video almost as soon as I started the download. In case the download was to slow, MPC would hang and wait for the block to be downloaded.

I'm looking for another p2p client that will enable me this functionality. Having only sequential download isn't really enough since the player will just start to skip over the parts that aren't downloaded yet, opposed to hanging as it does with the streaming method.

I've tried qBittorrent, but I was not able to stream the torrent to my player (or even enable the sequential download).

Do you have any suggestions? Preferably something that is not infested with bunch of ads and controversy.

Try Kastor all video downloader. http://www.kastorsoft.com/index_en.php

BitLord should be able to meet most of your needs.

Edited by Homeless Pineapple

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

My antivirus went haywire when I tried to download it.

It's a shitfest of adware.

It's an older post, but seems to still be relevant.

EDIT: Scratch that.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

2 hours ago, Karlovsky120 said:

My antivirus went haywire when I tried to download it.

It's a shitfest of adware.

It's an older post, but seems to still be relevant.

Huh. I was not aware that BitLord has gained such a tremendously bad reputation since I last used it.

qBittorrent seems to be the go-to open source alternative according to most of the piracy community. https://www.qbittorrent.org/download.php

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

2 hours ago, Karlovsky120 said:

That's great, but qBittorrent doesn't support streaming.

qBittorrent lets you enable sequential downloading when opening a torrent. There is no built-in video streaming system. If you want a native system for sequential downloading, grab Deluge from https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Download with the Video/Audio Streaming Plugin from https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=49679.

Desktop

Homelab