Why is TES V Skyrim the best RPG / game in modern gaming?

M300843499

Witcher series is a close second though.

But still.. so sick of lack of innovation from publishers :/

Still untouchable.. unless you are a weird Morrowind fan who enjoys dice roll combat mechanics.. i do not...

Intel Xeon E5640 4510mhz 1.10v-1.42v (offset) - C states on (◣_◢) 16GB 2x4 1x8 1296mhz CL7 (◣_◢) ASUS P6X58DE (◣_◢) Radeon R9 Fury Sapphire Nitro (◣_◢) 500GB HDD x2 1TB HDD x2 (RAID) Intel 480GB SSD (◣_◢) NZXT S340 (◣_◢) 130hz VS VX2268WM

Skyrim is a good game, don't get me wrong. I have 1000+ hours logged on many different platforms. But it has a ton of problems and I would never consider it the 'best game in modern gaming' by a fucking longshot.

It isn't.  Skyrim is super fun and I've poured a hundreds of hours into it but it's not the best game around

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, DtrollMC said:

Skyrim is a good game, don't get me wrong. I have 1000+ hours logged on many different platforms. But it has a ton of problems and I would never consider it the 'best game in modern gaming' by a fucking longshot.

It is the best by a long shot though.

Opinion though.

Intel Xeon E5640 4510mhz 1.10v-1.42v (offset) - C states on (◣_◢) 16GB 2x4 1x8 1296mhz CL7 (◣_◢) ASUS P6X58DE (◣_◢) Radeon R9 Fury Sapphire Nitro (◣_◢) 500GB HDD x2 1TB HDD x2 (RAID) Intel 480GB SSD (◣_◢) NZXT S340 (◣_◢) 130hz VS VX2268WM

The game is rife with bugs that remain unfixed to this day. There is only one voice actor in the entire game. Very simple combat and AI. Bad level scaling. There are many games out there that are executed far more beautifully.

9 minutes ago, M300843499 said:

It is the best by a long shot though.

Opinion though.

Objectively it has flaws.  Have you played Kingdom come deliverance, Cuphead - even BOTW or Owlboy?

Those are a few examples that come to mind of games with less inherent flaws than Skyrim.

Objectively it's the best game to ever exist.

eh, skyrim is good with all the stories and detail in the game. buts its really had to get over the simplic combat, just hit hit hit hit hit hit die, there is really no reason to block or do anything else. if it had more witcher like combat id like it better. I really want a skyrim made by CPR now that would be the best.

and idk skyrim isnt really modern anymore lol. 2011 seems like achinet times in gaming. 

I personally think even a game like dishonored is better. 

I'll tell you what, the best game ever (!) is - risk of rain.  Full stop bruh. 

Or FTL.  Seriously though, I think you probably resonate with Skyrim (and elder scrolls in general) but no one will agree with you that it's the best thing ever.  It requires mods to get the full experience, is glitchy AF and has flat voice acting and combat.  None of that means it's bad but it also isn't THE BEST THING EVER

skyrim was more of a landmark game that made a big impact so thats why people think its amazing. its amazing for its time in 2011/early 2012 but compared to games that came out now a days skyrim is not all that.

24 minutes ago, M300843499 said:

its not. not even a little bit.

the never should have been released considering the thousands of bugs its has.  the only reason its even remotely playable is due to mods and unofficial mandatory patches.

dont get me wrong, its fun,  but without mods, it would have died off loooong ago.

-boring combat

-terrible ai

-default ui is awful

-every single dungeon is the same except for the 7 dungeons that all end up in blackreach

-janky af physics engine

-most of the perks are either OP or completely useless

-the unofficial patch fixes almost 800 bugs and glitches, and still doesnt fix them all.  if a game release by literally any company other than bethesda was released with that many bugs, it would have been castrated by the gaming community.

-stealth archer is the only viable build

tldr: skyrim sucks

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Just now, Tsuki said:

-stealth archer is the only viable build

Ive never played as one. I always went dual swords/light armor or axe/heavy armor. maybe you just need to git gud

28 minutes ago, RoyalGamer1 said:

Ive never played as one. I always went dual swords/light armor or axe/heavy armor. maybe you just need to git gud

honestly everything is viable because combat is boring, the game isnt remotely difficult even on legendary since balance doesnt exist.

-unenchanted dual wield with elemental fury shout.

-master level illusion is completely broken. walk into dungeon, cast mayhem, wait 2 seconds, walk through the entire dungeon and see that everything is already dead.

-windshear: stagger bosses forever

-chaos damage:thousands of elemental damage per hit plus health absorb, and other nonsense

-necromage+vampire(fixed with unofficial patch)

-120x sneak attack damage

or just hit things until they die with whatever random weapon you find.  everything is technically viable, and many things are op af

but theres a reason stealth archer has become a meme.

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 hour ago, M300843499 said:

Objectively it's one of the best games to ever exist.

Fixed it for ya

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Just now, Tsuki said:

honestly everything is viable because combat is boring, the game isnt remotely difficult even on legendary since balance doesnt exist.

-unenchanted dual wield with elemental fury shout.

-master level illusion is completely broken. walk into dungeon, cast mayhem, wait 2 seconds, walk through the entire dungeon and see that everything is already dead.

-windshear: stagger bosses forever

-chaos damage:thousands of elemental damage per hit plus health absorb, and other nonsense

-necromage+vampire(fixed with unofficial patch)

-120x sneak attack damage

or just hit things until they die with whatever random weapon you find.  everything is technically viable, and many things are op af

but theres a reason stealth archer has become a meme.

end game yes, but when your just playing it and not abusing glitches the game is fair, if you know anything about skyrim youll know balance does exist. but i'm not going to go on about it I will just link videos to prove my point as Ive watch camelworks for years now and he makes the most in depth videos about skyrim you'll find on youtube. even down to him trying to figure out a easter egg for over 1 year and in the end the answer was, oh it was just a thing someone added but never did anything with it and they left it in the game. (he got in contact with the person who put that into the game)

but yes the end game in most games makes you over powered. I can say that the game was on a challenging level up untill a point but after that point yes you can 1 hit anything except the two charters in the game that have like millions of health at the end point (when you can attack them) due to skyrims enemy leveling system, (ebony warrior and karstaag) 

I will say skyrim is more for people who like to stop and look and think and really enjoy the game world. going back on it there is so much I never even noticed. even down to the detail that bethesda made logs with little moving ants on them and there is so many cool little things like that. if you like to do detective work, you come across a turned card and just see bodies and the game doesn't directly tell you what happend but if you look at clues or talk to the right people or just notice stuff you will see its actually an important thing in the game or its a real story behind that turned cart and if you look enough you'll be abale to find that story. stories about people in a video game that you think mean nothing but you find out they where really a person who is very important hiding out and they got assassinated after being found out. I just think you have to look past all the main in your face problems and enjoy all the small stuff in the game to really soo how much work and thought was put into the game.

if you just play games to do missions and then be done then sure you might not like it, but if you play games to play and experience everything it has to offer you might enjoy it.

17 hours ago, RoyalGamer1 said:

if you just play games to do missions and then be done then sure you might not like it, but if you play games to play and experience everything it has to offer you might enjoy it.

i dont disagree.  its an open world with a lot to explore, and its definitely a lot of fun.  but its by far not the best rpg ever. and has so many glaring issues that fanboys just blatantly ignore. 

like i said before, if it was any developer other than bethesda, there would have been riots over the number of bugs it was released with that were never fixed, and even still exist in the special edition(which is unacceptable).

but even early game in legendary, the game isnt super difficult, all the builds i mentioned are available fairly early(except master illusion and elemental fury), and only one is actually a bug(necromage). and if you want to go stealth archer, you can get a daedric strength bow within the first 10 minutes (bound bow located at fort amol).

if you have no idea what you're doing, or just want to dick around, then sure its a challenge, but if you're just dicking around you wont be in legendary.

my real point is, its a fantastic game, with a diehard fanbase that refuses to accept that it has major flaws, and would have been completely forgotten within a year if it didnt have mods to save it.  still amazing,  but far from the best RPG ever,

|Specs in profile|

Easy to get into, and throws tons of quests at you. You’ll always have something to do and feel important. Plus the sound design is really good with excellent mood setting music & *ahem* “immersive” (-mxr) voices.