Does this cable exist?

James

Suh doods. I have a wonderful pair of Audeze Sine headphones, but I damaged the cable. I reached out to Audeze for a replacement and guess what: a basic 3.5mm cable with NO inline controls, no mic, no nothing is $40 USD. No thanks, Jeff.

So now I'm trying to find a replacement but it's been surprisingly difficult. Maybe I just don't know the right search terms. Can anyone help me track down a compatible cable?

Here's what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/MYxJVJg

(don't worry about the right-angle, that's just bonus)

TL;DR: James can't google

so you just need a plain basic 3.5mm both end cord? How long do you want/need it to be?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

so you just need a plain basic 3.5mm both end cord? How long do you want/need it to be?

Ya, all 3 tips are 3.5mm. The source tip has two rings (stereo) while the other ends have one ring (mono)

just a regular 3 or 4 feet

Just now, xentropa said:

YASS exactly!

Thanks! I kept getting RCA cables in my search results :|

Audeze has major problems with their cables breaking. That is why the EL-8 isn't sold any more. The reason you can't find a replacement is because Audeze doesn't sell them unless you buy it direct through request.

I'm also checking to see if it has to be mono, sometimes a stereo jacks will work depending on how they are wired. For example, Hifiman headphones can work with 2.5mm mono or stereo plugs.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Audeze has major problems with their cables breaking. That is why the EL-8 isn't sold any more. The reason you can't find a replacement is because Audeze doesn't sell them unless you buy it direct through request.

which by the sounds he did, but didnt want to pay 40$ for a replacement cable from them. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

which by the sounds he did, but didnt want to pay 40$ for a replacement cable from them. 

Honestly, that's pretty cheap for a cable. Especially for $320 headphones. I'm looking, but I doubt I can find one cheaper that will work.

I don't know.  40 dollars is way overpriced for that cable.  A cable like that should be like 3 dollars.  I would bust out my soldering iron and wire crimpers before paying 40 dollars for that.

1 minute ago, xentropa said:

I don't know.  40 dollars is way overpriced for that cable.  A cable like that should be like 3 dollars.  I would bust out my soldering iron and wire crimpers before paying 40 dollars for that.

Not true at all. $40 is actually very cheap in the world of headphone cables. These are $320 headphones we are talking about. Some headphones the raw cost of the connectors can be $40 or more alone.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Not true at all. $40 is actually very cheap in the world of headphone cables. These are $320 headphones we are talking about. Some headphones the raw cost of the connectors can be $40 or more alone.

But why? Aren't they using standard, non-proprietary parts?

3 minutes ago, James said:

Yes.  Also the electrical signal at that point is already amplified, so I am also not buying into the fact that higher quality cables or connectors making an audible difference.

Just now, James said:

Not necessarily. I'm not sure, but the 3.5mm plugs might have to have that angle in order to fit correctly, which in that case the angle of them make them a proprietary cable. Then you don't know what kind of wire is being used. Typically in headphone cables for expensive headphones you use higher strand count, to improve flexibility, and high quality copper to increase single flow and integrity. All that adds up. $40 is not overly expensive for a headphone cable. Look what Sennheiser will charge you for a replacement HD800 cable.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Replacement-Cable-SENNHEISER-Headphones/dp/B00L2SNC2C

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Not necessarily. I'm not sure, but the 3.5mm plugs might have to have that angle in order to fit correctly, which in that case the angle of them make them a proprietary cable. Then you don't know what kind of wire is being used. Typically in headphone cables for expensive headphones you use higher strand count, to improve flexibility, and high quality copper to increase single flow and integrity. All that adds up. $40 is not overly expensive for a headphone cable. Look what Sennheiser will charge you for a replacement HD800 cable.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Replacement-Cable-SENNHEISER-Headphones/dp/B00L2SNC2C

Granted. However, I've checked and the other, non-angled end of the connector does fit, fortunately.

Just now, James said:

Granted. However, I've checked and the other, non-angled end of the connector does fit, fortunately.

Then the other things I said apply. A non first party might not stay in easily. You would have to check. For example, Fostex used the same connector as the HD600/650/6XX etc... on the TH610 and TH900, and cables for Sennheisers won't work because the implementation of the connector is different. The Sennheiser ones will plug in, but fall out very easily.

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Then the other things I said apply. A non first party might not stay in easily. You would have to check. For example, Fostex used the same connector as the HD600/650/6XX etc... on the TH610 and TH900, and cables for Sennheisers won't work because the implementation of the connector is different. The Sennheiser ones will plug in, but fall out very easily.

Alrighty, I'll give a 3rd party solution a go and see what happens. Thanks!

Just now, James said:

Alrighty, I'll give a 3rd party solution a go and see what happens. Thanks!

Best thing I can find in that short one I linked since it has right angles. Then just take a standard AUX and plug it in to it.

9 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

- Thread moved to Audio.

You moved a post by a LTT employee.

10 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

You moved a post by a LTT employee.

Fired. 

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

On 4/24/2018 at 7:48 AM, xentropa said:

I actually don't think this will work because the channel you've got to plug the mono ends into is narrow. I'd need a slim design one like this:

https://www.amazon.com/ARTMK-Auxiliary-Stereo-Compatible-Smartphone/dp/B01N081ATW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1524848071&sr=8-5&keywords=3.5mm+slim