Looking for a new Phone

SirReallySam

Hi all,

I've been looking for a new phone for ages and tbh I can't find a single one I want that doesn't have a compromise.

Things I'm looking for:

• A really good camera (like really good) In both Photos and Video. I do freelance Videography so I'd love to have both great manual and automatic settings
  • 3.5mm jack D: I know this is being phased out at the minute but I'd really miss having one of these
  • A decent enough display/speaker. Again I'm a film guy so I'd love to be able to hear the movies and short films I watch lol.
  • Either Enough Storage to have at least 64gb of music + more for photos Nope changed my mind, expandable storage is a must. Did I mention I'm an audiofile and so have FLAC music ripped from CDs and already have 64gb micro sd card full and want more music on it. 
  • It probably needs to be Android by this point.

I know it seems like a lot to ask D: But is there no phone that can have all this at the moment?

I've really considered the Pixel 2 XL and the LG V30 But that front camera on the LG V30 is a deal breaker and no headphone jack on the Pixel + issues with the screen people have had. Also the lack of manual stuff on the camera is a bit of a dealbreaker too. I know I could get a different recording app. But yeah.  

Also discovering that you can get the Pixel Camera App for most new Android Phones now makes the Pixel seem not so special...

Perhaps a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus?! I dunno I need persuading. Anyone got a new phone they love with similar needs to me?

I'm coming from an LG G4. I'd love some advice. Please Persuade me one way or another lol I'm a bit lost, feels like I've been looking at phones in WAAAAAAY too much detail recently... They're just so expensive now. Feels like a real investment! 

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

if you're willing to wait, the red phone is due to come out this summer and its a very promising phone with all your external desires and the best camera on any smartphone to date (if you don't know, red makes the top of the line 8K and Hollywood caliber camera's and this is their first smartphone but if you read the article they are putting a ton of tech inside it including modular camera system similar to a professional camera, this is the no compromise phone if they truly deliver on what they're saying) 

https://www.cnet.com/products/red-hydrogen/preview/

For the videography probably the Red Hydrogen, But right now the best video phone is the LG V30 with it's manual video options etc.

2 minutes ago, General Winter said:

if you're willing to wait, the red phone is due to come out this summer and its a very promising phone with all your external desires and the best camera on any smartphone to date (if you don't know, red makes the top of the line 8K and Hollywood caliber camera's and this is their first smartphone but if you read the article they are putting a ton of tech inside it including modular camera system similar to a professional camera, this is the no compromise phone if they truly deliver on what they're saying) 

https://www.cnet.com/products/red-hydrogen/preview/

I do indeed know of red xD , Worked with a couple of their cams on shoot.

Anyway, That's not a bad shout but my phone is soooo dead. Can barely receive texts by this point.

Used it into the ground lol  Should probably get a new one asap unfortunately 

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Just now, SirReallySam said:

Anyway, That's not a bad shout but my phone is soooo dead. Can barely receive texts by this point.

Watch this review at about 3:12-3:20

Just now, SirReallySam said:

hmm, i guess you could get the v30 and then sell it for the red phone when it comes out, the value should still hold till then 

6 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Watch this review at about 3:12-3:20

It's some samples of the camera.

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

It's some samples of the camera.

?

13 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

?

He asked what what shown between 3:12-3:20.