How much would the insurance cost for this car in the UK for a 17 year old

Adrian18102001
19 hours ago, Adrian18102001 said:

Please tell me where you live everywhere I know requires insurance and I will actually move to your country

Have fun paying a million billion dollars in court when you rear end a $150,000 Merc in your Fiat 126 and all five occupants claim whiplash and PTSD. Insurance is retardedly expensive in the UK but it exists for a reason.

On 22/04/2018 at 4:54 PM, Adrian18102001 said:

Hi guys so i turn 17 in 6 months and i was thinking about buying a fiat 126 which would cost me around 700 pounds in poland and then I was thinking of putting a 998c yamaha r1 engine into it and i was thinking how much the insurance would cost since its a 1.0L engine but im unsure if the insuracne will be cheap, thanks.

Lol good luck getting insured for that car. First you will have to declare everything done to the car (engine swap) which will get you bent over and fucked royally by every insurance company since you are planning to replace a car whos default engine puts out 26hp and 30ish Lbs of torque, with a R1 engine which has on average 170+Hp and 100+ foot pounds of torque. Most people would get shafted with insurance with that Engine swap. Next, your age. Fresh faced kid driving what is essentially a go-kart on steroids? (assuming you can actually get the power to the wheels to make it go) yeah, another payday for the Insurers. Finally your provisional license. You can't go on the motorway with one nor can you drive legally without a passenger over the age of 21 who requires owning a full license for over 3 years. Which again will raise your premiums. Expect easily £5k+ if not double that for the 1st year.

Best option is, as others have said, get your parents to insure it for you and list you as a driver. Or buy a cheap ass corsa 1.2 or something with no mods and insure it for cheap if you can.   

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Buy a cheap junker and minimally insure it to the minimum allowable, here it is $250K but the norm is $1M. New adult drivers over 26 pay $100/m, old people pay $50/m.

Also the High Court can just walk in and take everything you own if someone sues you. And they can step it up and take your house. I learned that on Netflix. But you are only 16, so perhaps they take your parents stuff and house.

R1 engine anyone?