New hdd might be dead

Felipe Aedo

So, last night i bought a WD BLUE 1TB hdd (3.5"), came home totally hyped to finally have some real storage space to realize that when i plugged in the HDD it sounded poorly, kind of a clicking noise. On top of that the BIOS (up to date) didn't recognize the HDD but disk manager in windows did, BUT, i couldn't activate the disk, error " the system cannot find the specified file", after that i noticed that even the disk showed up in disk manager it says "disk 2 unknown uninitialized". SO, i went through the usual troubleshooting, tried different sata cables, power cables, sata ports, as portable drive in my laptop, same issue. Any ideas?

Ryzen 1700
a320m grenade
16 gb 2667 ram
128 ssd
1tb WD BLUE hdd (not the new one, an old one that works)

zotac 1060 (6gb)

corsair cs550m 
Win 10

ps: pictures in spanish, bought the hdd arround 730pm, tried installing it on my pc around 840 pm. 

disk 1.png

disk2.png

Did you buy the drive new or used?
If you can't access the drive you haven't written any data to it, so how does it only have 13GB (1%) available capacity? That means over 900GB is occupying the drive?

If you can, reformat the drive.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Bought new one from store, the drive with 1% available is my old WD, i bought a second one. (total of 3 disks, SSD, WD BLUE FULL, WD BLUE DEAD? ) 

Follow the steps in this video starting at 28:03. Link should bring you to the correct part of the video.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

2 minutes ago, Felipe Aedo said:

Bought new one from store, the drive with 1% available is my old WD, i bought a second one.

Ah I see, I thought that was the new WD you got.

If it's failing to initialise and not showing up in BIOS then it's probably dead.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Update, store said that the drive had mechanical failures, sent back to manufacturer, i hope i can get a new hdd or refund.