when to buy fans LOL

mcdonalds jk kfc jk subway

heyo,I wanna build my own PC and I was about to buy CPU fan and Case fan..but my friend said that it's useless since my CPU has it's own cooler *ryzen 5 2600*.So,Is he right or wrong?When to buy CPU fan,case fan and when to not buy them?

Cases and cpus tend to come with bundled stock fans. If your temps are too high or you find it too noisy or ugly, that's when you should think about replacing your fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The stock cooler of the 2600 is good, no need to buy an after-market cooler unless you want to do high overclocks.

Cases usually come with 1-2 fans preinstalled, if you want more fans you can buy some.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

If you're going to be overcloking the 2600 up to 4.2Ghz then a aftermarket cooler will likely be necessary. If not, then the stock is perfectly adequate. If your case comes with no fans, definitely buy some for intake and exhaust. This will decrease CPU and GPU temps.

You don't want to buy fans until you have your case in hand. Determine if your stock fans are adequate, and the number and size of required fans then.

There is no point in buying fans before hand.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430