The power/reliable voltage limited my GPU?

I have post this kind of questions several times these frw days cuz I just want to fix it desperately. I just buy a used 1070ti mini, but the gpu usage is never maxed. The FPS remains about 80-100 in 1440p no matter it is low settings or high setting. The only difference is that, the gpu usage is 60% in low settings and is 90-99% in high settings lmao. 

The GPU-Z’ PerfCap reason says that, the gpu is limited by reliable voltage and power limits, but I am pretty sure that my psu can handle this.

Here comes my specs:

R5 1600@3.8Ghz

Asus Prime B350 plus

Zotac GTX1070ti mini

Psu Cooler Master V650

I, myself have a not premiss that the single 8 pin power cable on 1070ti mini cannot handle the Power consumption of the 1070ti chipsets?

Voltage limit = your card is maxing the max core voltage after its boosted with GPU Boost 3.0. The max default voltage is 1.062V. Unlocked its 1.093V.

IDK what is the power limit for GTX 1070ti, I would guess about 200W. If you max out the slider in MSI Afterburner you should be able to get about 250W.

This has nothing to do with your PSU or 8-pin. These are the hard coded limits into the graphics card BIOS.

Voltage limit is fine. Its easy and normal to hit it.

However, if you're hitting the power limit, I highly recommend you to max out the power slider in MSI Afterburner as every time you hit the power limit, the GPU will momentarily downclock which may result in some significant FPS drops in the 1% and 0.1% lows. Yes, your card will draw a bit more power on avg but only during the spikes, same for temperature.

Having the power limit maxed out just allows the card to use more power if it needs it, it wont make it use max power all the time.

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

Voltage limit = your card is maxing the max core voltage after its boosted with GPU Boost 3.0. The max default voltage is 1.062V. Unlocked its 1.093V.

IDK what is the power limit for GTX 1070ti, I would guess about 200W. If you max out the slider in MSI Afterburner you should be able to get about 250W.

This has nothing to do with your PSU or 8-pin. These are the hard coded limits into the graphics card BIOS.

However, if you're hitting the power limit, I highly recommend you to max out the power slider in MSI Afterburner as every time you hit the power limit, the GPU will momentarily downclock which may result in some significant FPS drops in the 1% and 0.1% lows. Yes, your card will draw a bit more power on avg but only during the spikes, same for temperature.

Having the power limit maxed out just allows the card to use more power if it needs it, it wont make it use max power all the time.

I have already max out the power limit....

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

What about sth called limited by reliable voltage or reliabiliy of power? Sth like that.... I just feeling bad abt putting the money into the gpu while not getting what I expected back...

6 minutes ago, Skym said:

What about sth called limited by reliable voltage or reliabiliy of power? Sth like that.... I just feeling bad abt putting the money into the gpu while not getting what I expected back...

Idk, do you have performance issues? If not, I would not really worry about it.

2 hours ago, WereCat said:

Idk, do you have performance issues? If not, I would not really worry about it.

The issue is that, never went 100 FPS in some games like pubg/ destiny2

no matter what setting it is, the FPS are the same. ultra settings, 90% gpu usage in game= 90FPS, in low settings, 40% gpu usage = 90FPS

12 minutes ago, Skym said:

The issue is that, never went 100 FPS in some games like pubg/ destiny2

no matter what setting it is, the FPS are the same. ultra settings, 90% gpu usage in game= 90FPS, in low settings, 40% gpu usage = 90FPS

Well, that just means you are CPU bound.

44 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Well, that just means you are CPU bound.

But I can have above 200FPS in Overwatch in1440p

A potato will run Overwatch. Don't compare Overwatch and PUBG. What is your CPU% in PUBG? If it is running at 100% that is your problem. Honestly, I don't see a problem.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

You are expecting too much in 1440p I think.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

38 minutes ago, Skym said:

But I can have above 200FPS in Overwatch in1440p

But that is a different game. My overclocked i7 4770k is hitting the limit in PUBG at 1440p at around 130-140 FPS, same for BF1.

3 hours ago, asand1 said:

You are expecting too much in 1440p I think.

I saw the tested results and the problem is, the FPS remains the same while the video settings keep changing 

3 hours ago, asand1 said:

A potato will run Overwatch. Don't compare Overwatch and PUBG. What is your CPU% in PUBG? If it is running at 100% that is your problem. Honestly, I don't see a problem.

Cpu usage is 30-50%

2 minutes ago, Skym said:

I saw the tested results and the problem is, the FPS remains the same while the video settings keep changing 

Pubg is more GPU intensive than overwatch. Low settings in pubg should net you roughly the same fps as high settings in overwatch. This is normal.

1440p on a game like pubg is not easy on graphics cards. You should only expect 60-70fps with even a 1080.

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;

On 2018/4/21 at 5:37 AM, asand1 said:

Pubg is more GPU intensive than overwatch. Low settings in pubg should net you roughly the same fps as high settings in overwatch. This is normal.

1440p on a game like pubg is not easy on graphics cards. You should only expect 60-70fps with even a 1080.

1070ti can easily get around 100FPS in 1440p with high settings 

In pubg though?

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;

Take a look at this. GTX 1080 8gb at 1440p is only 64fps.

https://www.techspot.com/article/1551-pubg-graphics-benchmarks/

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;