Creative support trying to rip me off.

Bhav

I bought some Aurvana Platinum headphones when they were on sale for £139 (currently £250) that broke but were still under warranty.

I sent them back, and initially Creative claimed that they were out of stock and that I could select another item around £139.

I replied and told them that I didn't want another item and I could wait for the same headphones to be back in stock as a replacement.

A few days later (today), they reply asking for my bank details instead so they can refund £139. Again I reply and tell them I don't want a refund or any other item, but the same headphones only for a replacement.

I'm gonna have to call citizens advice to ask about trading standards stuff tomorrow now, they seem to be refusing to want to give me a like for like replacement because they are no longer on sale.

Linus is my fetish.

Im gonna be honest. I feel like youre entitled to your money back, but not a replacement. 

Still, thats just a feeling. Whatever the law is, thats what ya go by.

Usually companies use "generic company reserves the right to change this at any time." Or when you qoute a job a lot, you usually add "price subject to change" so your warranty i feel can be made moot at any time.

4 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Im gonna be honest. I feel like youre entitled to your money back, but not a replacement. 

Still, thats just a feeling. Whatever the law is, thats what ya go by.

Usually companies use "generic company reserves the right to change this at any time." Or when you qoute a job a lot, you usually add "price subject to change" so your warranty i feel can be made moot at any time.

Replacements are normally offered before a refund.

Linus is my fetish.

Just now, Bhav said:

Replacements are normally offered before a refund.

I dont agree that they should handle it how they are, but legally im sure they are on solid ground with how they are handling it.

I definitely WOULD NOT lie and tell them that they started to melt on your head and burned you or something, to make them lean towards whatever you ask for.

15 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

I dont agree that they should handle it how they are, but legally im sure they are on solid ground with how they are handling it.

I definitely WOULD NOT lie and tell them that they started to melt on your head and burned you or something, to make them lean towards whatever you ask for.

They've already approved the RMA and they're sent back, I don't see why I can't wait for a same for same replacement instead of a refund?

Linus is my fetish.

39 minutes ago, Bhav said:

They've already approved the RMA and they're sent back, I don't see why I can't wait for a same for same replacement instead of a refund?

Do they even make the Platinums anymore?

If they do not have the item in stock, how exactly do you expect them to send you a replacement? 

How is offering equal value or a refund ripping you off if they no longer have your item? 

Nvm