How much R9 295X2 is worth ?

Tadziunia

Hi guys, am planning to take used r9 295x2. But i don't want to pay for nothing. Considering it's very power hungry GPU, considering it's already quite old, and crossfire doesn't work everythere, but am playing only battlefields, they always quite good at scalling. And considering if scalling is perfect it's around gtx 1080 performance. What price you are willing to pay???. Ogh i forgot it's doesn't even profitable for mining. Reason i want to take it, is aesthetics of system, everything is red black themed. I put advert on used market platform in my country , i writed that i willing to pay up to 500eur if it's in perfect condition. One dude wrote a message saying that he has r9 295x2 but pomp doesn't work and he ordered new one and it will come in couple weeks. How low should i low ball him ?? because for 500eur and less i can find GTX 1080 with warranty

Assuming he gets the pump fixed and you have proof of it working I would offer like 350eur just because I think that its actually only worth about 300 considering its age and power efficiency compared to new cards but its worth a little more because of the collectability of the card.

System Specs

CPU: I7-5820k   MOBO:Asus X99 strix   RAM: 32gb corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980TI  PSU: Corsair RM1000i 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mg7k2R

Just now, BryceJonathan said:

Assuming he gets the pump fixed and you have proof of it working I would offer like 350eur just because I think that its actually only worth about 300 considering its age and power efficiency compared to new cards but its worth a little more because of the collectability of the card.

thought the same. 

I miss dual gpu cards, the 295x2, gtx 690, titan z they were just the essence of enthusiast and so awe inspiring when you saw someone have a new build with one.

System Specs

CPU: I7-5820k   MOBO:Asus X99 strix   RAM: 32gb corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980TI  PSU: Corsair RM1000i 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mg7k2R

3 minutes ago, BryceJonathan said:

I miss dual gpu cards, the 295x2, gtx 690, titan z they were just the essence of enthusiast and so awe inspiring when you saw someone have a new build with one.

I saw titan z on ebay but it goes for atleast 800eur -_- that's way too much considering it's aint faster than r9 295x2 and it doesn;t even have liquid cooling, i wouldn't mind titan z if it atleast cost 400eur,just because titan brand, in perfectly cooled case it won't throttle

1 minute ago, BryceJonathan said:

Honestly I might buy a titan Z or 295X2 in like 10 years if I can find one just to have one as a collectable. 

Same

I would not pay more than what you can get a second hand TITAN X Maxwell for.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)