Aukey keyboard down arrow logs me out

starcitizen

I have the "AUKEY Mechanical Keyboard LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard with Blue Switches, 87-Key" keyboard.

When I press the down arrow, it takes me to the screen you get when you press ctrl-alt-delete. It's probably also the screen you get when you press <start>+L which switches user. 

The only potential fix I found online is Fn+W which switches arrows with the WASD keys, but that is not the problem I am experiencing. 

I have also tried to unplug and plug it back in. I think in the past this worked, but not anymore. I tried USB2 and USB3 ports. I'm out of ideas.

Do you think it is likely that my keyboard broken (shorted out somewhere)?

All the other keys work fine. The keyboard was bought new a few weeks ago. Could be on the left side of the bathtub curve.

It must be defective, that's the only way this could happen.  Pressing the down arrow should send a down arrow signal, not a Win + L signal.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Thanks for the response.

The Up Arrow key sends a sequence of keystrokes SHIFT+ ZXCVBKM<>? which is the bottom row on my COLEMAK keyboard layout.

The Up and Down arrow keys are the only anomalies on this keyboard. I'm wondering whether i've assigned some macro to those two keys accidentally. These new keyboards have a bunch of built-in features for which I don't care and which could be confusing.

On the other hand, some Amazon reviews for other Aukey keyboards read "After 2.5 months the "w" key fails to register about 1/10 keystrokes, so it's not very usable anymore." I got it on sale for $20 so i suspect it's cheap crap.

Do you think this could be some sort of macro? If anyone in the future encounters this, maybe we can fix this problem.

That's very weird. You have a defective keyboard, methinks.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

2 minutes ago, starcitizen said:

Thanks for the response.

The Up Arrow key sends a sequence of keystrokes SHIFT+ ZXCVBKM<>? which is the bottom row on my COLEMAK keyboard layout.

The Up and Down arrow keys are the only anomalies on this keyboard. I'm wondering whether i've assigned some macro to those two keys accidentally. These new keyboards have a bunch of built-in features for which I don't care and which could be confusing.

Do you think this could be some sort of macro? If anyone in the future encounters this, maybe we can fix this problem.

I have the non-backlit version. Just for testing purposes I tried everything I could think of like ctrl+shift+down etc, and nothing weird happens on mine.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

42 minutes ago, starcitizen said:

Thanks for the response.

On the other hand, some Amazon reviews for other Aukey keyboards read "After 2.5 months the "w" key fails to register about 1/10 keystrokes, so it's not very usable anymore." I got it on sale for $20 so i suspect it's cheap crap.

It might be macros but I find it hard to believe you could have assigned those accidentally.  Furthermore, if people are reporting failures, that's not a good sign since mechanical keyboards are extremely reliable generally speaking - the switches are built to handle ~50M uses in a lifetime.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.