R9 270 bios Mod?

TheGTXman

So I have an xfx r9 270 that I picked up for 10 bucks as non working and no further tested . It boots to windows, but when you try to install a driver it blackscreens when the driver gets installed and eventually freezes the pc. The reason I know this is because all of my RGB will freeze as well I have reflashed the bios sucessfully multiple time and Now I'm leaning towards one of the memory chips has gone bad, I was wandering if there was a way to reduce the amount of vram the card would use in a custom bios . The guy I bought it from said the he updated the driver one day and this happened and it has happend ever since.I have tried some older drivers and the only one I have had any luck with is the very first driver that was released for this card and it had black horizontal lines through it and eventually froze after being in windows for a few minutes. ANY help is greatly appreciated!! 

15 hours ago, coyotetracker said:

Have you tried modding or making your own Bios?

I am not sure what program to use

I don't know much about modding amd GPUs but I have modded my 970s and 660s BIOS.

I used Maxwell BIOS editor for my 970 and Kepler BIOS editor for the 660. You just have to do some looking around for the editors and then use gpu-z to save your current BIOS (back it up somewhere safe)and then edit/flash the card.