First Build £1000 budget

Hi,

I'm planning to build my first PC soon, and just looking if anyone has any advice/recommendations about my build plan.

My budget is in the £1,000 range, based in the UK, primarily for 1920×1080 60+FPS gaming, I'll probably be either moving to ultrawide or dual monitor when I've got the money and desk space.

I've chosen the case with water cooling in mind in the future (I like the idea of keeping the same case for several iterations of the PC. 

I might also get a single 8GB ram stick, and get a second identical one if/when I notice an issue. or get two 4GB ram sticks and get another two to upgrade), but I like leaving chrome tabs open, so there's that... 

AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor

Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard

Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1 Gaming Video Card

Fractal Design - Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case

EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

TP-Link - TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Fractal Design - GP14-BK 68.4 CFM 140mm Fan       (two intakes, one out, case includes two)

PCPartPicker link: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/X2zhgw

I know that basically different models/bands of 1060's are basically the same, but as I'd like to do some overclocking does getting a physically larger model give more leg room for overclocking and keeping temps low? (there are some single fan 6GB 1060s for less money).

I know the PSU is a little overkill, but after reading some other threads on here I figure the extra rating gives room for future upgrades, and currently more frequent fan-less operation.

Oh, and I know WIFI isn't the best for online gaming, but my current setup doesn't really lend itself to wired (separate power system to the main house where the router is so no powerline, and the ethernet cable is to a wifi access point which needs to stay...)

13 minutes ago, OllieJ_ said:

I know that basically different models/bands of 1060's are basically the same, but as I'd like to do some overclocking does getting a physically larger model give more leg room for overclocking and keeping temps low? (there are some single fan 6GB 1060s for less money).

I know the PSU is a little overkill, but after reading some other threads on here I figure the extra rating gives room for future upgrades, and currently more frequent fan-less operation.

Oh, and I know WIFI isn't the best for online gaming, but my current setup doesn't really lend itself to wired (separate power system to the main house where the router is so no powerline, and the ethernet cable is to a wifi access point which needs to stay...)

Not technically, there's a 3Gb VRAM and some CUDA core difference between the 3Gb and 6Gb model. Get the physically larger model, as that will provide both better cooling and lower noise levels than a single fan model.

The PSU is totally fine. One thing I would say is do not get 2x4Gb sticks as that will impede RAM upgrades in the future. If you're going with just 8Gb, go with a single stick.

Overall, it's a really solid build.

Welcome to the forums!

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 hour ago, OllieJ_ said:

The router itself should have multiple ports so you could run another cable from that to your rig. Some APs even have multiple ports. If both of those are not the case you could forget powerline anyways (also it is not really that good) and you can still get a fairly cheap switch.