Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware games

Hey guys,

I'm having this problem that when I play a game with my EVGA gtx 970 graphics card that it sometimes (fully randomly I think) crashes with a random colored screen and says " 'current application.exe' has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware and that's it. I went back to the place where I bought it they said that the card is perfectly fine but when I got back for me it's still crap.

I reinstalled everything and really everything on my PC and still does this. I tried like 20 different drivers from latest to 2016 ones and still happens.

And the most forums that I read they said it's because of faulty RAM but I don't think so because when I gave in my card for testing I used a 1080 for like a month and 0 problems.

GPU BIOS problem maybe?  Or maybe they mean the VRAM and not the DRAM?

The manufacturer (EVGA) said that its completely fine. And ran benchmarks for hours and no pronlem for them. :/

11 minutes ago, sunike98 said:

The manufacturer (EVGA) said that its completely fine. And ran benchmarks for hours and no pronlem for them. :/

maybe motherboard BIOS?  Or the PCIe slot?

I tested the system for a month with a strix gtx 1080 while the gpu was at EVGA and I had 0 problems with that. I used everything the same, same PCIe slot,etc

1 minute ago, sunike98 said:

I tested the system for a month with a strix gtx 1080 while the gpu was at EVGA and I had 0 problems with that. I used everything the same, same PCIe slot,etc

Did you, yourself test the 970 on a different board?  EVGA might've just been full of crap.

Not yet because I trusted their benchmarks but I might try it sometime.