PC Freezes randomly

Zynch175
Go to solution Solved by Ctown0812,
1 minute ago, Zynch175 said:

Hello

So my computer (specs below)  randomly freezes every now and then. I might be just watching somehing on youtube, browsing the web sitting on the desktop idle or starting up a game. I do not remember if it happened while I was playing any games, but I think not. It usualy happens about once a day. When it happens the pc freezes, still showing the last image, I have to press the reset button to get it working again. 

I checked event viewer, but I do not see anything as far as I can tell.

Due to something else I also reinstalled windows, but it did not help.

I have run memtest, and every pass it found a single error during test 7 I think. 

Could this be the issue?

Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P

Cpu: AMD FX8350

Gpu: Sapphire Rx 580 nitro+ oc 8G

Ram: crucial 2x8G 1600 DDR3

Psu: xfx 550w

Storage: samsung 850 evo 250G, WD green 2T 

No overclocks applied

Temps are normal

I think its a safe bet that your memory is causing the issue.  Random PC freezes is definitely a symptom of memory problems and the fact that the test found an issue confirms it.  

Hello

So my computer (specs below)  randomly freezes every now and then. I might be just watching somehing on youtube, browsing the web sitting on the desktop idle or starting up a game. I do not remember if it happened while I was playing any games, but I think not. It usualy happens about once a day. When it happens the pc freezes, still showing the last image, I have to press the reset button to get it working again. 

I have run memtest, and every pass it found a single error during test 7 I think. 

Could this be the issue?

Specs:

No overclocks applied

Temps are normal

1 minute ago, Zynch175 said:

Hello

Could this be the issue?

Specs:

No overclocks applied

Temps are normal

I think its a safe bet that your memory is causing the issue.  Random PC freezes is definitely a symptom of memory problems and the fact that the test found an issue confirms it.  

Thanks, I will check how is with the warranty and if it qualifies for replacement.