Asus Crosshair VI Hero - Not starting up

Martin_1

Hi,

I am building a new system

Asus Crosshair VI Hero

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X - Processor

1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (will be replaced in the future but currently lacking funds)

Corsair Vengeance LPX - DDR4 (16 GB)
be quiet! SHADOW ROCK 2

but, eventhough the Asus Crosshair VI Hero has power (I can see the led's on the board working) it won't run. I don't even see error cordes or anything. I have now tried all sorts of things, but am at a loss. The darn thing just won't power up in any way shape or form.

The only thing I see that might be a bit out of place is the fact that just, I think, below the 6 pin powerconnector there is a led that is red. Might that be a warning of sorts? Or does the Asus Crosshair VI Hero always show a red led there?

Can anyone with this board tell me if they have a red led there?

Any other suggestions are also welcome. Otherwise the board is going back to be changed for another Asus Crosshair VI Hero.

Can you post pictures of the inside of your build so we can see if anything is missing/wrong? 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

You mean the 8-pin CPU power?

I don't see a 6-pin power connector on the board.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Uh oh. I messed up. I feel like a complete and utter idiot! I used the 24 pin AND the 4 pin connector! I should have used the 24 and 8 pin one. I have NO idea why I did that, but I did hahahahahaha

I feel like suchs a fool!

Don't mind me LOL

Like what @Lurick mentioned, there is an 8-pin and a 4-pin CPU power connector at the top left of the board. That LED is to indicate that you need to at least plug in the 8-pin.

2 minutes ago, Martin_1 said:

Uh oh. I messed up. I feel like a complete and utter idiot! I used the 24 pin AND the 4 pin connector! I should have used the 24 and 8 pin one. I have NO idea why I did that, but I did hahahahahaha

I feel like suchs a fool!

Don't mind me LOL

Did it boot once you plugged in the 8-pin?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I haven't gotten around to it. I will give it a go and report back. Man I feel like an idiot but am so happy at th same time. I am sure that was the problem. We'll see.

In the immortal words of Arnie: I'll be back!