PC freezing at random moments

I am facing a problem since last week. At some random time, the PC freezes and nothing happens. Nothing works including keyboard and mouse even the caps doesn't light on/off. It started a few days back only before that it never happened.

I have a HP laptop with i5 and 12 gb ram. 

11 minutes ago, Abhishek sharma said:

I am facing a problem since last week. At some random time, the PC freezes and nothing happens. Nothing works including keyboard and mouse even the caps doesn't light on/off. It started a few days back only before that it never happened.

I have a HP laptop with i5 and 12 gb ram. 

Can you share anymore details on the laptop (model) and how long you've had it or how you use it? Did you install something new recently?

Hard to figure out the problem with just saying it freezes....

20 hours ago, QuirkyRobot said:

Can you share anymore details on the laptop (model) and how long you've had it or how you use it? Did you install something new recently?

Hard to figure out the problem with just saying it freezes....

My laptop is 2yr old. I don't remember installing anything new on my laptop. Same thing I got into my mind.not able to figure out the cause :/

12 minutes ago, Abhishek sharma said:

My laptop is 2yr old. I don't remember installing anything new on my laptop. Same thing I got into my mind.not able to figure out the cause :/

Is there anything else that happens when it freezes? Like does the fan spin up a lot or if the laptop is getting hotter?

On 4/6/2018 at 11:35 PM, QuirkyRobot said:

Is there anything else that happens when it freezes? Like does the fan spin up a lot or if the laptop is getting hotter?

No nothing happens. It just stops responding