Wood Cleaner + NZXT S340

Hey guys so I'm in a bit of a situation here... The cleaning lady decided to use wood cleaner to clean my NZXT S340 even though I clearly said not to touch or clean my stuff. Anyways, now I need help! I need to clean off the wood cleaner from my case as there are now stains all over it. I have attached some pictures of the streaking/ stains, and the right side panel looks the worst. There may be some microscratches but I'm more worried about those wood cleaner stains right now. I already tried water, but I don't know what to do now. Please help!

s340top.jpg

s340side.jpg

I usually use rubbing alcohol to clean off most things. Because it evaporates it won't harm your computer. I can't tell if the cleaner is leaving residue or it stripped off a layer of paint. But if it is just residue the alcohol could help.

4 minutes ago, QuirkyRobot said:

I usually use rubbing alcohol to clean off most things. Because it evaporates it won't harm your computer. I can't tell if the cleaner is leaving residue or it stripped off a layer of paint. But if it is just residue the alcohol could help.

Thanks, I just tried that, but it won't come off! I think the stain in the cleaner is very strong since it's meant for wood. Any other ideas?

2 minutes ago, MasterModi said:

Thanks, I just tried that, but it won't come off! I think the stain in the cleaner is very strong since it's meant for wood. Any other ideas?

Hard to say without knowing what the cleaner is but is it possible that it isn't a stain but the paint/coating of your case being stripped off where she wiped?

3 minutes ago, QuirkyRobot said:

Hard to say without knowing what the cleaner is but is it possible that it isn't a stain but the paint/coating of your case being stripped off where she wiped?

She used Pledge Lemon Clean Furniture Spray.It looks like the stain is slightly higher than the normal paint, and the stain is slightly darker than the normal matte paint. There are a few tiny spots where she got all the way through the paint to the bare steel underneath, so it's possible that there are microscratches, but I think there's stains too.

2 minutes ago, MasterModi said:

She used Pledge Lemon Clean Furniture Spray.It looks like the stain is slightly higher than the normal paint, and the stain is slightly darker than the normal matte paint. There are a few tiny spots where she got all the way through the paint to the bare steel underneath, so it's possible that there are microscratches, but I think there's stains too.

You can try a vinegar & water solution and see if the acid from the vinegar does any better. Or if you want something to just fix it, you can paint your case.

Just now, QuirkyRobot said:

You can try a vinegar & water solution and see if the acid from the vinegar does any better. Or if you want something to just fix it, you can paint your case.

Wouldn't the vinegar damage the matte paint?

Just now, MasterModi said:

Wouldn't the vinegar damage the matte paint?

The water is suppose to weaken the acid but you can try a small patch before applying it all over. It is up to you if you want to try.

14 minutes ago, QuirkyRobot said:

The water is suppose to weaken the acid but you can try a small patch before applying it all over. It is up to you if you want to try.

Alright, thanks!