Molex to Sata adapter opinion

Im sorry if this is the wrong forum to post but i need advice

Hi, The fan in the power supply in my moms computer has gone bad and sounds like the barrings are the problem. Rather than attempt to replace just the fan I have opted to replace the entire power supple. It is an HP Desktop and I copied the part number from the current power supply and have ordered and received the replacement. I noticed the replacement has molex to sata adapters and after a little looking at the old one it also has molex to sata adapters. Sense they are the same adapters on both PSU's and my moms desktop has been running for over 7 years with them without a problem am I ok to use them? i have included pictures of them to see if they are the good ones or not.

https://imgur.com/a/PW1IE

I don't see why it would matter. Either the adapter works, or it doesn't. I'd just wire it up however is the easiest, because I'm lazy like that.

Just now, kevp453 said:

I don't see why it would matter. Either the adapter works, or it doesn't. I'd just wire it up however is the easiest, because I'm lazy like that.

The problem is that in the future what if it catches fire at the worst possible time.

3 minutes ago, Dudefoxlive said:

The problem is that in the future what if it catches fire at the worst possible time.

Is there ever a good time for a fire???

I wouldn't worry about the cables. As long as they don't have any cuts or frays in it, they are fine.

5 minutes ago, Dudefoxlive said:

Molex to SATA adapters are fine. The wires are exactly the same. And if you're concerned about it, some power supplies will include a molex connector on a SATA harness because they use the exact same wiring in the exact same place.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

4 minutes ago, kevp453 said:

Is there ever a good time for a fire???

I wouldn't worry about the cables. As long as they don't have any cuts or frays in it, they are fine.

Yea I guess. At some point in the future I need to get a external hard drive for my mom's desktop and dedicate it to backing up that system. Thanks y all. I have not put it in yet because of this. Now I feel a little better.